tk strand and carlos reyes (911 lone star)

"but why? i said such horrible things..."

"because i love you, tyler kennedy strand."

tyler kennedy strand slammed the door behind him as he stormed over to his car. him and his boyfriend, carlos reyes, just got into a fight, and tk needed to get out of there. as he started the engine of his car and drove away, he felt a small pang of guilt after blowing up at carlos. but, his ego took over and he kept driving. 

carlos, back at the house, was frozen in horror. tk had just yelled at him, well, screamed at him, and carlos hadn't been prepared. his hands were shaking as he walked over to the door and opened it, expecting to see his boyfriend. 

there was no one there. a part of carlos knew that tk wouldn't come back.

carlos closed the door as his entire body proceeded to shake. his back slid down the door and he sat down, crying into his hands.

tk reached his father's home, and knocked on the front door. his father, owen, opened it, confused. he wasn't expecting to see a tk's tear-stained face outside of his house this late at night. owen let tk in and closed the door behind him. tk turned to his dad slowly and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, silently sobbing. owen held his son tightly, already knowing what happened. 

they stayed like this for a few minutes, before tk went up to his old room to sleep. owen stayed down for a moment, heartbroken for his son.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"so, what's up?" the 126 were driving to the scene of a hostage situation. apparently, they were needed because the man who was holding the people inside the building was threatening to blow it up, and they didn't want to take any chances. 

judd explained the situation to tk. the first thing that popped into tk's mind was: isn't apd going to be there? isn't carlos going to be there?

owen saw tk's eyes shift out the window, trying to hide his feelings, and he sighed. he reached over and rubbed his son's shoulder, who smile gratefully at him. 

the smile faded when the firetruck stopped at their destination. they exited the truck and walked towards a tent near the front of the building. news reporters, cameras, and police officers filled the scene around them. 

owen went into the tent to talk to whoever was running point for this situation, and the rest of the 126 waited outside, talking amongst themselves. tk wandered off looking for a person in particular. when he spotted him, he froze, and hid behind the edge of a tent. 

carlos was giving orders to a few officers. he was visibly not doing well. his hair was a mess, he looked like he hadn't slept, and the bags under his eyes were enormous. his voice was tired and scratchy, almost as if he had been crying. tk immediately felt bad and wanted to wrap his arms around carlos and comfort him, but something stopped him. he didn't know if carlos wanted to see him.

"reyes!" carlos' head snapped to his left. an officer higher up the totem pole was calling out to him. carlos walked over to him, and they exchanged a few words. then, carlos took off his belt and handed it to the officer. tk was confused. carlos proceeded to walk towards the tent, converse with a few other officers then face the building. then it hit tk: they were sending carlos inside.

"no!" he gasped under his breath as the realization set in. he rushed up towards the tent, stopping a few feet behind carlos. tk took a deep breath.

"carlos."

carlos turned around to see a worried tk. "tk." he said, nodding.

"they can't send you in."

"why would you care? you wouldn't care if i got hurt." carlos snapped back. tk cringed, as he remembered what he said out of anger last night.