evan buckley and eddie diaz (9-1-1)

you're laying in a hospital bed.

but i have all i need.

two ambulances from the 118 were driving down the street. they were on their way to a call. all of them were oddly silent, due to the fact that their captain wasn't with them. it just didn't feel right.

the radio crackled. "dispatch! we have a message from captain nash!"

the team in the first ambulance (chimney, hen, and eddie) turned their attention to the voice over the radio. "dispatch?" chimney asked, pulling the radio to his mouth. "this is the 118-"

BOOM.

the firetruck behind them exploded.

hen's mouth dropped open, and chimney hit the brakes. eddie stood up.

"oh my..." hen spoke for the group. they were all collectively panicking, but the feeling was heightened when eddie turned to chimney and hen, eyes wide.

"buck." was all he said for them to understand.

buck, on the other hand, opened his eyes. he was laying on the cold concrete, and he honestly didn't know how he got there. all he felt was a stinging pain in his left leg. forcing himself to look at it, he realized his leg was trapped under the fire truck he was in just a second ago.

he didn't even have enough energy to panic.

the rest of the 118, excluding bobby, who was with the rest of the lapd and athena, exited their truck and started towards buck. they stopped when they saw the kid.

'the kid' was strapped with bombs all across his torso. his hand was held down on the trigger, which helped everyone understand: it was a dead man's trigger. the second he takes his finger off: boom. everything goes down.

eddie was physically shaking. he couldn't bear to see buck like that, in so much pain and agony.

buck was gasping for air and attempting to move the rest of his body as much as possible to keep the blood flowing. he wasn't very successful.

and he was loosing air by the second.

bobby and chimney started to interact with the kid, but eddie wasn't paying attention. his eyes were on buck. he was gripping the edge of the fire truck so hard, his knuckles turned white.

buck's eyes filled with tears as he drifted in and out of consciousness.

just when is felt like all hope was lost, the military team behind bobby grabbed the kid, and his mother, who was with the police officers a few feet away, cried out and watched the kid get taken away.

eddie wasted no time and rushed to buck, followed by chimney and hen with the med kit.

"buck." eddie kneeled down next to the boy.

"how are we doing, buck?" hen started pulling out tools and handing them to eddie and chimney.

"kinda numb." was his response. it was barely a whisper.

eddie's heart ached, but he pushed himself forward for buck.

hen shouted commands and chimney exchanged a few words with bobby, who has come over. all eddie heard was 'we're out of time, cap.'

eddie stood and gripped the side of the fallen fire truck, then looked at bobby and chimney. "we have to lift it."

bobby nodded and gestured for chimney to go to the other side. another group of firefighters and police officers ran towards the truck and grabbed the bottom, waiting for a cue to lift.