pope heyward and jj maybank (outer banks)

what the-

BOOM.

guys? pope?

"run!" jj had said, and without hesitation, the pogues ran. but they didn't get far before jj stopped, turned around and gasped.

"POPE-"

three hours earlier

kiara carrera rolled out of bed as someone knocked on her door for the tenth time. "i'm coming, mom, calm down." she groaned, yawning and stretching as she reached the door. she threw it open and-

"what the actual..." kie's mouth hung open. she watched as her fellow pogues, john routledge (john b) and jj maybank, looked at her sheepishly from behind her door.

"it is five in the fucking morning." kie stated, angry.

"we know, we know..." john b trailed off. "but's it an emergency."

"emergency?"

jj inhaled sharply. "it's pope. he's gone."

"what?" kie's eyes widened. "what do you mean, gone?"

"he's literally nowhere. we looked everywhere for him. he's not picking up phone and heyward hasn't seen him since yesterday afternoon." john b explained as kie slid into her jacket and dropped her phone into her pocket.

jj was shifting back and forth between his feet, nervous. kie noticed this. "okay, then we should... uh, jj? all good?"

the blonde boy, nodded. "just... worried. about pope."

"me too." kie smiled and put her arm on his shoulder. she squeezed it a little. "but, we're going to find him, and he'll be fine."

"you're right." jj nodded. "he'll be fine."

---------------------------------------------------------------

pope, in fact, was not fine. he opened his eyes, but it was still pitch black. his hands and feet were bound and a piece of cloth was tied over his mouth. he groaned, confused as to what had happened. using his tied-up hands, he felt around the area, and after a moment, he realized he was in the trunk of a car.

but, who's car was it?

he didn't know. the last thing he remembered from the day before was someone grabbing his shoulder from behind him and a sharp pain in his neck. after that, everything was unclear, and then he remembered passing out a few hours ago. nothing made sense.

well, except for the fact that he needed to get out of here.

then, it hit him like a truck. the pogues. they wouldn't know he was gone until later. maybe he'd be dead by then. maybe-

okay, pope. focus.

he breathed deeply, and felt around the top of the trunk. he came across a red lever-looking object, and without hesitation, pulled it.

absolutely nothing happened.

then, he heard the tires skidding on the road. the screeching practically tore out his eardrums. he couldn't help but yell at the top of his lungs. the car suddenly jerked, and pope slammed into the back of the truck. he groaned, and coughed. "shit." he tried to speak, but was muffled from the gag.

he heard a few car doors slam, and then the trunk opened. moonlight spilled into the trunk and blinded pope momentarily. when his vision cleared, he saw two men staring down at him, one was bleeding from the nose, and the other had a bruise on his cheek. neither of them looked happy. pope gulped.