First Day

Leah.
level: 2.6
ability: super strength and self enhancement

If there was one word to describe her, it would be "average." Average ability, average level, and average intelligence.

Met with a sudden job relocation for her father, in a matter of days, Leah and her family packed up and left the life they knew for a fresh start.

Without much expectation, she applied to Wellston Academy, a private school ranking first in the nation, having the highest concentration of elites and academically gifted students.

Just the thought of Wellston seemed to scream the complete opposite of Leah which is why she was fully prepared to be met with a rejection letter. But as she opened the mail, she was actually facing a letter informing her that she had gotten in. A shocker, obviously, but it was a great opportunity to have something beyond average for her college applications.

Before she knew it, she was standing in front of the door of her first class, nervously fiddling with the ends of her tie that was tied neatly on her crisply new uniform.

...phew ok. i can do this.
no reason to get scared leah. just introduce yourself, find a nice friend group with people around your status, and live the normal, quiet highschool life. no big deal.

knock knock knock

the sounds of her knuckles hitting the door was met with the creak of its hinges as she was greeted by who she assumed was the teacher. "No need to knock Leah, the door was open"

"Oh right, haha my bad"
why am i such a fucking idiot

"class, we have a transfer student today."

Seeing her teacher's gesture to introduce herself, Leah gave the class a smile.
"Hi! My name is Leah and I hope we can all get along."

Half of the class seemed completely uninterested, some gave her a welcoming smile or nod, and some were just straight up asleep.

The most enthusiastic response she received from any of them were few whistles or hollers from boys she assumed were the fuck boys of the school.
Oh right, despite her being painfully average, the one thing she had going for her was her looks. Nothing jaw dropping or model worthy but her sleek pink hair and contrasting grey eyes earned her a few flirty remarks from desperate guys here and there.

Being led to an empty seat, she greeted the teal haired girl who she was seated next to.

The next hour seemed to fly by as she was busy taking notes while being on a slight constant edge from nerves. As the ring of the school bell marked the end of the period, the teal haired girl approached her desk.

"Hi Leah! My name is Elaine! What'd you think of your first ever class at Wellston?"

Not expecting the sudden attention, Leah managed to stutter out, "o-oh! nice to meet you Elaine."
damn she's pretty.

"This class was fine I guess. It was a bit confusing to keep track of all the new concepts but not too bad."

"Perfect! That's good to hear." Elaine gave her an excited smile.

"So..., what type of ability do you have?" There was no malice in her tone, it was pure curiosity but Leah noticed how the whole room went silent for her response.

"Well, it's nothing too special haha. It's enhanced strength and a bit of increased agility."

"Oh wow, cool. What's your level?"

"2.6" Leah responded, mustering the brightest smile she could make despite her jittery nerves.

She could make out the overall responses from the overlapping whispers that flooded the class.