Victim

After the whole Arlo, Roland fiasco, the group (especially Hower) was flustered and taken aback. It was near the end of lunch so they all split up and went to class, eager to not cause any more trouble.

I was also eager to go back into class and forget about all this but i found myself drifting off in class. I couldn't get Arlo's glare out of my mind. Cause this time, it was directed towards me.

Gosh what a mess. jdjajhdjdjjejdjsjs how the hell was i supposed to know that they were bullies?! they seemed nice during lunch.
poor Roland. seemed like he gets picked on frequently. Hopefully Arlo's warning stops the group from harassing anyone else.

...and hopefully they don't try talking to me again.

They don't already see me as part of the group do they?
...nah.
no way

...i'm just being paranoid
-

It's almost my last period of the day and that question was still burning my mind. And as if the universe read my mind, I saw Hower and Tanner down the hall.

My eyes met with Tanner's and with a smirk, he called out my name.

"Yo Leah!"

The two boys walked over to me while continuing their casual conversation.

Hower gave me a smile, "You free after school today?"

Then Tanner spoke up.
"tsk It's a shame that Arlo happened to be there when we were dealing with Roland"

I let out a short, nervous laugh.

He continued what he was saying. "But anyways, we wanted to help show you around school a bit."

Hower added on. "Yea you know, teach you about the cliques, the high rankers to avoid, the losers to avoid-"

"and the losers you can throw some of your shitload of homework on." Tanner finished for him.

Hower let out a short laugh.
"HA Yea. Since their abilities fucking suck, most of the low tiers have some brains. Only way they got into Wellston y'know?"

I felt my palms get sweaty from this. What's wrong with these people.

"u-um Didn't Arlo tell you guys to not do that though" I tried to sound as casual as I could.

Tanner leaned against one of the lockers.
"Yea i guess but i mean him being there was just a coincidence. As long as you avoid his eyes, you don't have to worry."

Hower gave a cocky smirk "Mhm trust us Leah we've been doing this for awhile now"

yea and that's the problem. I don't want anything to do with you assholes

I cleared my throat and tried to keep my voice from shaking as much as possible.
"sorry but I don't really want to be involved in that kinda stuff. I mean you never know when Arlo's gonna find out and it's also... sort of... wrong."

Hower's eyes narrowed at that and his smirk turned more into a scowl.
He scoffed. "wrong?"

"Like Arlo said, we're wellston students. The least we can do is-

WHAM

In a blink of an eye, I felt Tanner's fist collide with my gut. I felt my eyes water as I began coughing against my will.

This was exactly what they did to Roland.

Hunched over and seeing the blurry sight of the floor, I suddenly saw papers being thrown in front of me.

Confused, I dared to look up and I saw Tanner and Hower, with a bored and almost disgusted look on their face.

The blonde stared at me. "Well aren't you a little miss goody two shoes."

Tanner shoved me back hard enough to make me stumble and fall backwards. I flinched from the contact with the hard floor.

"If you don't want us to bother the low tiers then I guess you can just do the work for them. You said you liked math didn't you?"

Hower gestured to the papers in front of me.
"Finish all of these by next week. Get anything lower than a 90 on any of them and you're fucking dead."

With a last glare, the two turned around and walked away. I could make out some of their mutters. Something about me being a waste of a pretty face and that I better get them 'A's.

As I stared at the pile of papers, I could hear the countless people around me rushing to their classes. None of them even throwing me a glance.

I couldn't help but feel my eyes water again. Not from pain but from the sheer bewilderment and frustration I was feeling. I could feel my throat close up.

Why can i never catch a break.

With the sound of the bell and the empty hallway, I gave up on making to class on time.

Choking back my tears, I began grabbing the papers.

Ok Leah get it together. You're fine.
You're fine.
Seriously. This isn't even that big-

I could feel a single tear roll down my cheek as i desperately tried to blink them away.

I quickly wiped it off with the back of my hand and headed to the library. I don't feel like going to class.

- authors note
Hi lovelies! sorry this is again a bit short lol
Any comments and likes are more than appreciated ofc :))