After School

The rest of the day seemed to just fly by. Enter each class, state the same exact introduction she gave every class, try to keep up with all the new information, and leave the room as soon as the bell rang.

Before she knew it, she found her steps taking her to the school library, where she was scheduled to meet with the trio after school. If it was just Remi, Blyke, and Isen, she wouldn't have any problem with it. A bit nervous at most but not dreading it. However, this time a certain someone was also going to be joining them.

Honestly speaking, it was quite weird how offended Leah was from her encounter with him. Even she, herself, knew that his demeanor was not at all unusual. After all, it was her fault for not only bumping into him but also having no idea who he was. She knew that her feelings were illogical but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get his condescending eyes out of her mind.

sigh. I need to stop. he's going out of his way to help us out on this project.

As she entered the library, she was greeted with the sight of countless books and shelves.

As expected of the oh so prestigious Wellston.

Walking through the stacked books and shelves, the book Romeo and Juliet caught her eye.

The four of us already have a copy but Arlo would probably need one for reference.

As she reached for the novel, embarrassingly, her hand fell just short of the book.

well damn.

Not giving up, she got on her toes and stretched out her arm as much as she could. "fucking hell," she mumbled.

Distracted by her irritation, she didn't notice that someone had come behind her. Seeing nothing but books, she suddenly saw a hand reaching for the same book she had been desperately aiming at. She was all of a sudden very aware that someone's chest was extremely close to her back; the light scent of male cologne filling her senses.

Am I in a movie right now. my gosh i'm so touch deprived

The hand easily grabbed the book and stepped away from Leah, giving her some room. Leah turned around to see that the mystery man was someone she recognized.

Arlo.

"oh...Arlo", she muttered out. Once again, she was under his unwavering gaze, a stark contrast to Leah's very readable face. Her widened eyes, slightly parted lips, and stiffened stance all betrayed her futile attempt to keep her shock under covers.

"This is what you were trying to get right?" he asked, holding out the book.

"y-yea, but it was actually for you." she responded, pushing the book back to him.

"...oh?" His stone face flickering into what she assumed was amusement.

"well, I know you're helping us out on the group project so I thought you'd want it."

Arlo crossed his arms and leaned slightly back. "group project?" he asked, with genuine confusion.

ah.

he doesn't know that I'm part of the group.

Once again, that stabbing hurt to her pride came back. Pushing away the thoughts however, for at least the 10th time that day, she faked a small smile.

"Yea, I'm part of the group project with Remi."

He paused for a second as if he was analyzing the girl in front of him. "I see."

Before the silence could get awkward, out of nowhere, Remi popped out. "Oh Arlo! Leah! There you guys are. Arlo, this is Leah. Leah, Arlo.", she introduced. Leah gave her a small nod as courtesy.

"come on, blyke and isen are waiting for us" Remi said while pointing to a table.

As they approached the table, Blyke was seen reading the book while Isen was.. well... sleeping. His head was resting on his arms, the sound of his snores filling the room. Remi sighed at the sight while Arlo simply seemed un-amused that this was what he was wasting his time on.

Seeing that Arlo looked annoyed, Blyke elbowed Isen with slight panic, nudging him to wake up. "isen."

"Isen."

"ISEN."

"WHAT." Isen was now reluctantly awake, starting yet another bicker with Blyke but one glare from Arlo was enough to shut both of them up.

Remi, Arlo, and Leah all took their seats and the five students got ready to start talking english project.