Help

Working on the project with Remi, Blyke, Isen, and Arlo was surprisingly easy. The biggest problem originally was understanding what the old words and language meant but Arlo was sure to clear up the confusions.

At times though, when they were slow to grasp the plot, he seemed to get a bit pissed. But the only thing that gave it away was the way his eyes seemed to harden. His voice remained calm and his posture was always frighteningly perfect.

damn this man is the walking definition of composed Leah thought, staring at the seemingly perfect high tier.

As if Arlo could feel her gaze, he lifted his eyes from the book to meet hers. As always, they were emotionless. Or perhaps they were just eyes that were impossible to read.

Flustered by the sudden eye contact, Leah managed to spit out, "U-uh sorry but i don't get what's going on in this section." Unconsciously, she brought her eyes down from his face.

"what page." Arlo's smooth voice rang out.

"50"

As his eyes landed back to the book, Leah brought her eyes back to his face again, stealing a glance at his perfectly symmetrical face.

When he flipped to the page and scanned the scene, one of his eye brows quirked up.

"Mercutio's basically telling Romeo to cure his love sickness with sex." Arlo said. How he said that with a straight face was a mystery.

The table fell silent for a second as they all processed what he had just said until Leah blinked twice and breathed out "oh."

"PHT... HAHAAHA-" Isen's burst of laughter was cut short as Blyke slapped his hand onto his mouth to shut him up.

"shut up! You're gonna get us kicked out again!" he whispered out.

Her face now completely flushed red from Arlo's response, Leah hastily excused herself to go the bathroom.

tat. tat. tat.

She tried desperately to forget what had just happened but her mind kept replaying the image of Arlo nonchalantly explaining to her that the passage she was reading was about fucking.

HDHJAJHXJS DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT WHATS WRONG WITH ME WHY DID I-

"yo. Leah right?"

Completely consumed by her inner cursing, her head shot up at the question.

"yeah?" she replied

The person she was talking to was a blue haired boy. Not Holden though.

oh. that's Zeke... she recalled from her recent memorization of wellston's high rankers

Nervous that she was talking to an elite, she gave a small smile, "Can i help you?" she politely asked

Zeke's face suddenly showcased a cocky grin as he put his hand in his pocket and took it out again, this time, holding his phone.

oh gosh. hell no. im way too familiar with this scenario Leah's brain yelled

"i found you cute and was wondering if you'd punch in ur number." he said as he extended his phone out.

Completely pressured by the fact that this was a powerful elite, she tried her best to rack up some excuse.

"i-i'm sorry but I'm still trying to get used to a new school so i'm not really interested in dating right now"

She was praying that he'd take the cue and leave her alone but that hope was squashed as he took a step closer.

"hm. is that so" He asked. he still had the same grin on his face but his eyes had completely changed. it became predatory and sent a chill down Leah's spine as she took a step back.