The Roof

beep.
beep.
beep.
be-
With a loud smack, Leah turned off her alarm that ripped her out of her much needed sleep.

Shifting her legs to hang over the bed, she simply sat on the comforter, staring blankly at the wall.

... holy shit i'm so tired

is it too late to drop out

Surrendering to her exhausted body, she rolled back into bed for an extra five minutes of sleep. No, not even sleep. Just five minutes of closing her eyes and resting.

But the next time her eyes opened again, she realized that she had dozed off and quite literally jumped out of bed, reaching for her phone.

9:24

....
well fuck

Leah's whole body froze as she decided to give up on rushing. She had already missed first period, and probably will miss most of her second. Since she's already late, she might as well take her time.

Rubbing her eyes until she saw nothing but black static, she dragged herself to the bathroom.

Thank God i don't have a roommate. Sharing a bathroom sounds so inconvenient

She brushed her teeth, washed her face, and put on her uniform; finishing up her routine by tying her tie. Lastly, she rubbed a bit of shimmer highlight on her eyelids and rubbed her lips together to spread her gloss.

Grabbing her bagpack and phone, she walked out of her room and quickly made her way over to her school.

When she arrived, it was 9:48. There were seven minutes left of her second period so she decided to just skip this one.

*sigh*
mom and dad must be so proud of having a daughter who already skipped two classes in a span of two days.

With the seven minutes she now had and the five minutes she got from passing period, Leah decided to take this time to explore the school a bit more.

Walking aimlessly around the halls, she came across a flight of stairs that curved up to a higher floor. Wellston sure was quite a drastic change from the shabby, country side school she used to attend.

Curious as to where the stairs led to, she found herself walking up the tiles, her hand sliding on the smooth rails. When she arrived at the top however, instead of multiple classrooms, she was greeted with a single door.

Twisting the knob, Leah stepped inside the room. But a more accurate description would be that she stepped out of the room since the "room" she just entered was the roof.

The sudden draft of cool, winter wind brushed her sleek hair back and made her shimmery gloss covered lips feel cold. But it was a good type of cold.

This is freaking amazing oh my gosh
holy cow, look at the sky

Craning her head up, she stared at the endless blue sky, tracing her eyes over each cloud. Then she moved over to the fence wall and looked down to the view of the entire school and the city around it.

woah this place is sick

The utter silence and peace the roof gave her was such a contrast from the environment inside the school. She had only been at Wellston for a day but she was already sick of the gossip filled, competitive, unforgiving, structure Wellston had.

Letting her thoughts get emptied out, she mindlessly stared out the fence, relishing in the perfect, chilly weather.

Click