2.

⚠️ This chapter contains spoilers and major character deaths! Please be warned if you have not read the manga/watched or caught up on recent episodes!! ⚠️

-

the sun had completely gone down by now, only the darkness of the night sky coated over the venue, flashing spotlights on the stage directing toward none other than tybur. his words seemed to have captured everyone's attention but yours. your mind wondered to various places, one of those places being your mind racing a mile a minute, trying to catch sight of udo.

though udo had been fairly getting on your nerve ever since you and reiner had gotten back from paradis island, he was like the one part of your family that you could hold onto actively. though he was young, he was smart for his age and always listened to you or gave you an emotional support. you meant what you said when you told him you wouldn't know what to do without him.

his speech seemed to last for what seemed like almost hours, to which you had mostly spaced out for, but something caught your attention, tybur's body language, something about him saying the words, "i don't want to die," made you uneasy, the pit of your stomach doing flips, you shuffled in your seat uncomfortably putting your hands in your lap. you finally shifted to where you could see the outline of udo's head, which calmed you knowing he was in your sight.

you'd always had been protective of udo, since he was a baby pretty much. you wanted him to set an example when he got older, you couldn't be more proud of how far your brother has come, he is now a candidate to receive the armored titan. being completely honest, the odds are he won't receive the armored titan abilities, since he's always been pretty pathetic on the battle field in terms of strength, but he made up for it with his knowledge of foreign language and medical abilities.

being, he wasn't exactly the best at keeping level headed in combat, you were just glad he had kept alive for so long, after the destruction you had caused in paradis island. all the women and children, buried underneath rubble, you never forgot the look on eren's face as kids when he told you his mother was killed by a titan. you had known, you were there when it happened.

the look in his eyes. before you and reiner fled from paradis island, you saw the pure hatred that laced his once light filled expression, his hope ceased to exist. no matter where you may go, i will always be one step near. you remembered his words, the paranoia took over you every passing day, you knew he would stick to his word. you knew eren, better than mikasa, better than armin. he had opened up to you, telling you the depths of his mind, every regret, to every great moment.

the uneasiness never left your stomach, everyone growing stunned upon willy tybur's statement. "lord fritz ended the war..?" you heard a distressed woman speak, followed by the indistinct confusion among the people. you sat there, still in your place, your hands clenched into your fists, leaving nail marks. everyone was just as shocked as you were, your eyes widened, the pit of your stomach became a battleground filled with anxiousness and distress.

something was wrong. where was reiner? where was falco? where had the disappeared off to? "this moment forward..." willy tybur's voice shook, he looked like he was on the brink of tears. you felt your chest tighten, eagerly trying to stand up and flee, but you fought at the urge. "and so on until then.. please give me your strength to defeat the devils of paradis island!" he raised his fist in the air, as the crowd began to cheer loudly, clapping in symphony.

"we can overcome any hardship with our power combined!" he taunted the crowd more, the loud claps and cheers erupting from them. you had felt your blood run cold when he mentioned eren jaegers name, you looked to the rooftops, seeing soldiers quickly retreating elsewhere. you turned your attention back to the stage, where tybur stood, the crowd rewarding him in standing ovation, his arms flailed in the air in a war cry.