13.

Spoiler warnings apply for this chapter! Please be aware while reading, otherwise grab some popcorn and enjoy your stay :)
-
-
-

you felt your pace pick up, your footprints following you in the ground. there was lots of things going through your mind, why did they come back, they could've left you here with 2 kids and accepted the defeat, instead of pursuing more war, putting your peoples lives at risk, your friends, your family.

none of it seemed to matter now, because in this moment you knew you couldn't let anything come between your duty, even if it meant turning against the people you so desperately wanted to call out to for help. you had remembered what armin had told you the day marco met his demise;

"it's up to us to devote our hearts to protect our friends, to protect our people. for humanity"

so what exactly were you devoting your heart to? you could recall you standing in the middle of the grass, clenching onto udo, his blood staining your shirt, stroking his hair gently quietly praying for any sign of life from him. everything you'd ever had, everything you had left, seemed to vanish, nothing mattered anymore.

but that was gone. udo is gone. now it's just you.

a bright flash of light erupted into the air, you could feel the heat of anticipation welcome your skin, a thick cloud of smoke lay dormant in the air, putting itself between eren and reiner. everything you'd ever promised the people of paradis, every friend you've ever made, were pushed to the back of your mind, now a faint memory.

"to win is to fight," you repeated eren's quote to yourself, walking out from the large cloud of smoke, revealing your titan in between the two men.

eren, staring at you, seemed to be paying no attention to reiner anymore, giving the armored titan a chance to recollect himself. you clenched your fist, putting yourself in a defensive stance, your fists up to your face, preparing yourself for any sudden blows eren had to offer.

suddenly, reiner jumped to action, tackling eren's titan to the ground stealthily. once eren had realized what was going on, he gradually began to regain his momentum, landing a strong uppercut to the armored titans jaw.

buildings crumbled, as reiner tumbled backwards, hitting the ground with ease underneath eren. you leaped forward, letting your fist connect with the attack titan's face, forcefully turning eren's neck the opposite direction.

you could see a piece of his tooth had flown out of his mouth, making him stumble back from your sudden lunge. you took the opportunity to land another punch onto him, bringing your fist upward into his chin, resulting in a loud crunching sound.

reiner had regained his footing and sprung himself I to action, going for eren's legs, causing the titan to fall to the ground. though he was caught on the short end, he still managed to put up a fight.

with his legs still in the air, he flailed his foot to reiner, connecting with the armored titans face. reiner stumbled back, his head forced upward, pieces of the armor shielding his head were shattered, revealing the dismembered muscle visible on his face.

you could see porco come from behind, and eren seemed already aware of the fact, emerging crystals from his back in an attempt to protect himself from being ripped out of his titan.