9.

I'm hella sorry I didn't update for two days,, school kinda caught up to me a bit! Anyways as always, spoiler warning, please proceed with caution!

-
-

eren sighed to himself, running his hand through his hair thoroughly, the strands following his hand and falling back into place, draping over his forehead messily as they had been before. he looked down at his feet, walking a bit further than what he was at before, his shallow breaths creating small heat.

looking back up, he could see in the distance, a group of people, but he only recognized one of them, the dirty blonde haired boy, floch forster. he was armed with a shot gun slung around his back, he could make that the boy was holding some form of clothing out for him as he stepped near the group of people.

the only thing he could manage to think about however, was you. he didn't pay much attention to the thought at first, until he realized how "nice" it was to finally see you again. at first, eren felt disgusted at this, yes, he did despise reiner for his actions, you as well, but he didn't hate any of you as much as you'd predicted he did.

if anything, eren felt it to be more painful seeing how much you'd changed than to be overjoyed with that fact. he could kill you and believe he wouldn't feel any linger of regret, but deep down eren knew he wouldn't be able to look you in your eyes and end your life the way he'd hoped.

he hated it, how much you've affected him, he was just fine without you all these years, and suddenly you're back, and he's gone "soft". of course, he wouldn't let this get in the way of his actual goals, he knew he'd have to either set you aside or get rid of you if he wanted to successfully carry his plan out the way he intended to.

"you're our only hope, eren." eren heard floch speak to him, looking at him intently. he felt bad for the poor boy, brainwashed into thinking everyone outside the walls were devils. it wasn't his fault, nothing ever was for the way he turned out, furthermore, he did pose as a great pawn for eren.

floch would do anything for eren, further proving his point. he put all of his devotion into eren, believing that he truly was the only hope for humanity, floch would execute any and everything that could get in eren's way because of this very fact.

floch held up the pair of cloth to eren, breaking a small smile at him. eren looked at him blankly, taking the cloth and throwing it over his shoulders, his hair becoming slightly messy at the sudden movements.

-

"the buildings so big!" kids blabbered on, whilst you stood near falco and gabi, carefully leading them forwards with an arm resting on both of them, for fear of them running off somewhere you couldn't find them. you'd admit, it was of anything you'd ever seen before, of course you'd been in buildings like this in your lifetime, though it seemed like this was the first time you had before.

"aren't ya youngins' plannin' on eatin?" the woman gently spoke to you, looking at falco and gabi. you gulped warily, nodding at the woman kindly flashing her a small smile in response. she smiled back at you, motioning for you to follow along into the building.

"so does a marleyan soldier really work here?" you heard gabi whisper to kaya, whom turned her head to look at the girl nodding her head slightly, not too much to be considered suspecting of anything. you shuffled a bit in your place, motioning the kids forward, you behind them, cautiously eyeing the place, receiving some blank stares from some of the orphans.