part four

Eiji tried his best to forget everything that had happened. He wanted to go back to the way things were before everything went wrong. But it was impossible. The memories of his were always there, haunting him.

Ibe may have been right – it probably was for the best that he left.

Even though he tried, he couldn't help but think of Ash the entire time. He found himself thinking about him constantly, wondering what he was doing or how he was feeling. Eiji couldn't get ahold of Sing, and wasn't getting any help from him. He then tried to contact Max but never received a response. Meanwhile, he also tried to contact other friends but they all seemed to be ignoring him as well. He can't help but feel like something is wrong.

This was strange - he thought. Since he couldn't get an answer from anyone, something must have happened.

Desperately wanting to find out what happened to him, he decided to plan going back, hoping that he could find out what had happened on his own rather than relying on others. His mother refused to let him go. Eiji couldn't disagree with it, even if he was an adult. She wasn't going to change her mind for now no matter how much he pleaded with her.

The black-haired boy had another plan how to get back to New York. Thinking about all of the possible ways he could get there, and he decided on the most logical option. Eiji could continue his studies at a university in the city, where he would also have access to a variety of opportunities.

He may have the intention to go through with this, but it will likely take a long time for him to actually do so. Eiji was eager to get started; he was impatient.

Trying everything he could, when it was clear that the situation was hopeless. Why would Ash be this way with him? There must be a reason. However, even though Eiji knew that Ash was still here, he could not help but feel a sense of emptiness. Eiji had given Ash a promise a long time ago, promising to always be there for him. Even when things get tough. He will always be there for him and he would do anything to keep that promise.

"I envy you... being able to jump like that..."

"Stay with me... I won't ask "forever." Just for now, Eiji."

"Give me a goddamned break! What the hell are you anyway?! My goddamn mother?! You can cram that lecture, okay?! What do you want me to do— let those double-crossers go, and get myself killed?! No way! Logic's got nothing to do with it! Strength is all that counts!! That's how it works on the street! What the hell do you know?!"

"Even if I said no, you wouldn't go back anyway. Plus I guess it's better for me that way too. If you went home I'd probably worry if something happened to you. So it's better you're right here, where I can keep an eye on you."

"Over my dead body. If anybody hurts you... It'll be over my dead body— I don't care who it is. I am not letting anybody hurt you, Eiji."
...

"My soul is always with you"

Eiji was packing up his belongings from his time in America into some boxes. He got up from the couch and used his crutches to help him stand up. Seeing the television set on, he realized that it was already late. Suddenly, the boy was almost overcome with shock after seeing the recent news.

Eiji was paralyzed, unable to move.

Missing persons report:
The 18-year old teenage boy Ash Lynx is missing.