part sixteen

Oh wow. The exact thing you did not want to hear. Dealing with the stalker was already too much, and now there could be something even worse happening. It seemed like you were attempting to move forward, but believing that Ash may still be alive would just take you back to square one.

"Please let just all of this be a dream.. Or nightmare. I wish I could go back to the day before everything went wrong."

The gentle caress of the cool breeze effortlessly swept your hair aside. You let out a deep breath, acknowledging that you were indeed wide awake and conscious. As usual, you were the one who had to mend everything and take responsibility. Escaping from the situation was not an option.
It never was. You knew too much, which also frightened you.

You lowered your voice a bit and made a sincere effort to avoid coming across as annoyed. Although it may not be entirely unbelievable, today was just a lot. "Please.. don't tell me you actually believe him."

"Ash is capable of a lot, (Y/N). Come on you're smart as hell. Just think about it." Sing stated without even looking at you. It appeared as he was the one who was thinking about it intensely. Certainly, they all perceived you as the intelligent one who readily provided an answer. However, that definitely was not the case today. You released a yawn, you were undoubtedly feeling tired now. "I think my brain shut off for today."

"Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true. I mean.. For example: Did we ever see his body?"

Sing was incredibly persistent and refused to give up discussing this subject. And you were feeling quite exhausted and had difficulty focusing on what he was saying. Obviously.
"Well Sing we could dig up his grave and see." You joked without any facial expressions, but quickly realized it may have been too dark. His breath caught his throat after hearing that.
"Woah (Y/N)- Too far.."

"It was just a joke.. Dumb joke" You couldn't help but roll your eyes, knowing all too well that he would, of course, take that the wrong way. Maybe it was too early for jokes. Ash wouldn't be mad though, he'd probably find it funny too.

"Ugh. I'm freezing." It was quite chilly outside while wearing just your Pyjamas. You gently caressed your hand in an attempt to warm it up.

Sing stood up and walked over to you. "You should've brought a jacket. I'll warm you up a bit."  The tall boy kindly wrapped his arms around you. That may seem strange to others, but for you, it was perfectly natural. The two of you have always been close friends despite the small two-year age gap. You kindly smiled and gently placed your hand on his arms, reciprocating the hug from behind.

Sing released a soft chuckle, as the two of you appeared quite unserious. "Better?" You clung firmly and also laughed a bit. Perhaps a comforting embrace was also necessary for you.

"Yeah. A little."

Sing sighed. "I don't like stressed (Y/N), ya know.." You always kept your stress hidden and internalized your worries, except when you were angry, of course.

You were at a loss for what to do and couldn't make a decision, something that hadn't happened in quite some time. It was a humbling reminder that not every decision lay solely within your hands. "Me neither." you agreed. You both remained in this position for a moment until you remembered something. It took you a little bit of time to speak those words aloud. "Sing?"

"Hm?" He directed his gaze downwards towards you.

"I'm glad we're friends again."