part nine

(y/n) spent a lot of time and effort preparing for the memorial for Ash. She had planned to put something up in New York to remember him, and she had already received permission to do so. The University of Eiji, her, and Sing offered to have the ceremony at the school. (Y/N) wasn't sure if that was a good idea, but they agreed anyway.

"Now, the only thing we need is a place for it. I have some ideas." (Y/N) said to everyone as they walked through the city of New York. As in everyone she meant Eiji, Sing and also Yut-Lung. She managed to get everyone together, even if it was forcefully. All of them were.. in a bad mood.

"Wouldn't it be weird to do something like that? I mean it is weird anyway that we are all walking, together, right now." Sing said to (Y/N). He thought it was a bad idea to do something like this. He was already feeling a bit strange about the funeral, and there's no way to know for sure if the unknown person is planning something big. All of them had no idea what to do against this person, they could not estimate how dangerous they were.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes in response. Apparently, she was the only person who cared about doing something important for Ash. It wasn't just about him, it was about Eiji as well. The one who needed closure and who couldn't let go of the past. He was stuck in a cycle of regret, never able to move forward.

"Why would it be weird? It's something to remember Ash. Do you care that much about what people think of you?"

Sing shook his head. "No? But what I do care about is what the cops think. Don't forget that they want to question us. All of us. Do you really want to give them more ideas?"

"I know? Still, none of us did anything wrong. Well.. they won't care about that. God the cops here were always disgusting. No wonder that they are gonna pin it on us." (Y/N) let out a long sigh as she looked down at the ground. The police will likely cause all of them problems. Yut-Lung was the only one who refused to speak. Of course, (Y/N) already noticed that. He walked beside her in silence, not mentioning the memorial service or the fact that the police wanted to question them.

"Yut-Lung? You know that you are allowed to say something." She told him. He stopped walking, causing Sing to nearly trip because of it. "Woah! Damn it you idiot!"

Yut-Lung ignored him as he turned around to face the others. He had had enough of their nonsense. Everyone stopped walking.
"I don't know? Ask Eiji for his opinion." Eiji glared at Yut-Lung, but the smirk on the his face only made him even more mad. "Oh, sorry."

"You shouldn't do anything, since he's probably alive." The long-haired boy simply said. Sing stared at him, so did (Y/N), and Eiji wasn't surprised anymore. He knew what was coming.

"What?"

"You actually think he's alive?"

"I swear to god. I already told you to stop-"
Yut-Lung was not interested in what the others were saying and interrupted them. "I do not believe that he is dead. Do you think Ash is that stupid?" He started walking again, fast.

"We went to his funeral you know! It's not like last time if that's what you think!" Sing called after him, trying to catch up. They thought that the possibility that he could be alive was very low. His body was found and identified. Yut-Lung still seemed to not believe that.

"Didn't we get a lovely message right after? That white boy has a lot of fun right now by harassing us. There is no way that bastard is dead." (y/n) grabbed his arm and made him look at her. "It wasn't Ash. It's someone else. So shut up."

He gently pushed her hand away "Well, I'm not so sure."  She had now become the one who was annoyed, and she didn't like it one bit.. "You're never gonna shut up about this are you?"

"No."

"What kind of texts did you get, Yut-Lung?" Eiji asked him, of course with a suspicious look, because otherwise he would have exploded. No one could have imagined how much he hates him. That's something that is never going to change, and probably will always stay that way. He still does not understand why that unknown-person was after him.

What does he even have on him? And then already imagined, probably a lot.

"None of your business, japanese boy." Yut-Lung answered him with his typical grin. Eiji wanted to hit him so badly right now, he could feel the anger bubbling up inside of him, wanting nothing more than to lash out at the other boy. (y/n) would likely defend him again, he thought. Eiji couldn't really do anything right now, other than an angry stare, which was amusing Yut-Lung even more.

After a while, they eventually found the right spot. All of them were now at (y/n)'s house, helping to unpack some things for the service.

"..Oh Eiji, I'm not sorry for what I said earlier." (y/n) gave him an innocent smile, but it was clear she didn't mean it.

Eiji sighed at her comment. "Oh I know (Y/N) believe me.." Even (Y/N) didn't seem to get rid of her old habits. Sing asked what they were talking about, but she just told him to not worry about it.

(Y/N) was about to open a large box she ordered online. "I ordered something. It was pretty expensive but I stole a lot money last year from Golzine. Don't ask how. That's also how I paid for college. So.."

Sing laughed, he was also kind of impressed. "Wow. You emptied his bank account? I don't even wanna know how."

"Of course I did. Well, I took what was left of it, remember when Ash stole $90 million? There was a lot more." (Y/N) smirked as she remembered when she stole his money - since she got away with it. "And you don't want to know. It's actually disgusting how much he had."

"This is going to be put up. Now help me open the box." The others went over to help her open the large box. All of them opened the box together. It was a beautiful memorial statue.

"Wow.." Eiji managed to say. "It's really beautiful. You made a good choice." Sing agreed. "It really is." Even, out of all people, Yut-Lung agreed. "..You do have an eye for detail, (Y/N)."

(y/n) wasn't sure what to say in response. "Oh. Thank you. Max helped me, actually.." She carefully placed the box on the table. "It's gonna be put up tomorrow near the library, you already know where."

"I remember exactly how you were just a year ago." Yut-Lung suddenly announced, the girl looked at him, not sure what he meant. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just surprised. You had such a narcissist, mean personality don't you think? I'm just wondering, you know, suddenly you acting all mature now.. You were also very-"

"Okay, narcissistic is the last thing I am or was?" She defended herself. This wasn't the first time someone made these assumptions about her. (Y/N) smiled at him with an innocent expression. "I think I know what you mean, and I admit that I'm still like that sometimes. I'm definitely not gonna deny it."

Yut-Lung turned away from her as he didn't see the reaction he wanted. "Fine."

"Believe me, (Y/N) did not change at all.." Eiji suddenly said. She furrowed her brow and looked at him with concern. "Wow. Was that meant in a bad way?" Eiji realized he had spoken his thoughts out loud, he became frightened. "What? No! That's not what I mean at all-"

"Okay Eiji! I know now what you think of me." (Y/N) laughed. Eiji laid his head on the table, closing his eyes. "Sorry.."

"I'm joking. I guess we're ready for tomorrow."