part two

Several weeks have passed. Despite the stab wound, Ash was still recovering. Eiji, who was already in Japan, tried to call his friend multiple times, but he didn't receive any response.

He remembered what Sing once said to him at the airport before he left.
"Ash says.. See you later!"

⁷⁺ ⁿᵉʷ ᵗᵉˣᵗ ᵐᵉˢˢᵃᵍᵉˢ
from Eiji:

"Hey Ash! I tried to call you. I'm in Japan now! Kind of weird not having you here. And I'm also kind of sad that you didn't make it, I really wanted to show you everything. Please call me back?"

"Hey Ash? How have you been? I haven't heard from you in days. Please text me at least, or call me?"

"Hey. Did something happen? Why aren't you answering? I'm by the way not mad that you stayed in America.. Please show me a sign?"

"Are you mad at me? I'm really sorry. Could we please talk, tell me if I did something wrong?"

"I'm really worried Ash. I don't know how I can live without you. I'm starting to think something happened. I tried to ask Sing, but he won't tell me anything. It's been weeks. Please Ash."

"My soul is always with you. Do you remember?"

As soon as Ash saw the most recent text message, his eyes widened.
That's what broke him completely.

There was no doubt that Ash wanted him to forget all about him and everything he had endured. Every time he was near him, he felt a sense of comfort. It was also his warmth that he missed. The hugs, for which he would do anything to experience them again. One last time.

Ash snapped back to reality, clearing his thoughts. There was no way he would involve him in anything again, as he had done before and it had only ended in disaster.

The blonde got temporarily an apartment to stay in for a while. Actually he wasn't certain what he was going to do in the future. Well, he thought he was about to die anyway.

Ash thought a lot about what has happened during the past few months. Even though he should try to forget it, it still left him being unsure. At last, his abuser was dead, and the people who hated him were gone. Also, after what happened to him, he never went to see his former gang again. New York was slowly returning to its normal state following the events of the past few weeks.

It was night. Ash fell asleep after a long rest, truly resting for the first time in a while. He fell asleep while watching television on his couch, letting his guard down. Suddenly, he heard something that made him flinch. Footsteps. Someone came in through the door. His door was open. Didn't he lock it? The noise stirred Ash awake.

Who would be in his apartment at 3 A.M.?

Was someone still after him? It definitely wasn't unlikely. When he opened his eyes, he found himself almost having a heart attack. It was Sing. "Hey. The door was open. You should watch that you know? We have to talk."

Ash got up quickly and hit him hard. Sing just smirked at him, making it clear that he didn't take him seriously. "What the hell Sing?! Do you even know what time it is?"

"Nope, never went to bed."
They sat together in the living room, the apartment Ash had rented was small but still nice and cozy, which he found comfortable to live in. He had now a space to call his own, as well as a few amenities to make his life easier. That was the place where he temporarily stayed, in an effort to stay hidden from everyone.

Ash got up and headed to the kitchen, opening his fridge. "Forget it. Do you want anything?" asked the blond-haired boy, who still felt irritated after waking up.