part seven

After the funeral, the group of friends found themselves sitting in China Town, at a restaurant.

"Who's idea was it again to eat.. you know, right now? There was a funeral like 10 minutes ago." (Y/N) complained to everyone before finally deciding on what to order. To that Yut-Lung let out a small chuckle. "Sing said he's hungry."

Sing became defensive. "Because I am?" Eiji was not in the mood to talk right now, resting his head on the table "Could you two be quiet..?" Both Sing and Yut-Lung apologized at the same time. "Sorry."

"Guys, did you see the attachment on the message?" (Y/N) noticed that the unknown person had attached a picture to the message, and she felt a sudden sinking feeling in her heart. She had no idea who this person was, and she had no idea what they wanted from them.

"Oh my god. Is that what I think it is? What the hell?" Sing looked at (Y/N) as he was momentarily distracted. "What? Show it to us."

After (Y/N) showed the picture to her friends, they all had the same reaction. The image showed a white powdery substance in a small bottle. Everyone was shocked when they realized what it was. Eiji took her phone to look more closely at the picture, finding it hard to believe what he was seeing.

"Is that Banana Fish?"

Sing shook his head and refused to believe that was happening. "No it can't be. Everything about Banana Fish was destroyed in the fire. I would know because I was the one who had to let all the information about it fall in there."

After the three were done looking at the picture, the girl took her phone back. "Honestly, I think it really is Banana Fish. Do you really think that all of the information got burned in the fire? It never made any sense to me." She placed her phone on the table. "Who knows if that scumbag sold it to others? Wait Yut-Lung didn't he sell some of it to you?"

"No. It was destroyed remember? How would I have it?" Yut-Lung huffed in annoyance at the response. Sing shrugged his shoulders, lowering his voice as he looked away from him. "If you had it, maybe they stole it then.." he said quietly.

"Yeah, but I don't have it. Anymore."

Eiji still didn't trust Yut-Lung, no matter how much time had passed by. And still, he couldn't help but feel that he was still up to no good. There was absolutely no type of conversation between the two since the argument earlier. Both just stared at each other in silence. Yut-Lung must have done something wrong. Not to mention, it still bothered him that he was stuck with them.

(Y/N) sighed as she felt frustrated with herself because she thought they had finally put their past problems behind them. However, it was soon proven wrong. "Nice. Just when I thought maybe we are finally done with it. Now we're right back where we started." Everyone thought the same thing. Why would they go through all of that just to relive it again?

"Eiji. I have to tell you something." Sing spoke up suddenly and (Y/N) could tell what he was trying to say. This was not a good time.

She stopped him and took his hand, glaring into his eyes. "Sing. I think it's better you don't. At least not right now." Eiji looked up from the table, trying to make sense of what was happening. He could see the confusion in his friends' eyes, and he knew that he had to tell him what was going on. "Tell me what?"

He should tell him what happened to Ash before he died, especially since he was the last person to see him before he disappeared. He has to tell him how Ash tried to go to the airport, wanting to go with Eiji to Japan but couldn't. When he read letter and became distracted, making a mistake.

"Sing. Tell him later." After a moment of resisting, he finally agreed. "I will."

Later on, everyone went home. The rest of the day was strange for all of them, as they all felt off balance and out of sorts. (Y/N) was sitting in her home doing her homework, until she got a phone call. Sing. She picked up the call, wondering what he would have to say.