part fifteen

Eiji hesitated for a second. "It's fine. He's better now.. and also wants to visit me. I really don't want to involve my family in any of this."  You exhaled with relief. Thank goodness he recovered. All you knew was that the father had been unwell for a long time. Also, you weren't sure what kind of relationship Eiji had with him.

He did talk about his mother a lot, however never mentioned his father. Eiji often had to deal with his mother being psychotic at times, he would say. Eiji's father on the other side, was a great man who meant a lot to him. Always being there until he got sick. After that it seemed like his father had become a stranger to him, and he wasn't sure why. Eiji felt sorry for leaving him alone over there, but knew it was for the best and was very happy that after all these years, his health finally improved.

Since the reason he left Japan and moved to the States was partly because he wanted to be as far away from the rest of his family as possible, he also had been struggling to maintain any form of relationship with them. Eiji tried to avoid them in every way, claiming he was too busy studying. Still, his mother wanted to make sure he was calling her every weekend, which meant having to endure long phone conversations.

"Luckily, my sister is still refusing to talk to me whenever I'm on the phone with my mother."

It would not be a good time if his family actually planned to visit him, he still had to deal with so much stress and worry. It also might be better for Eiji to let him live at your place for now, at least until he can get his life back on track. You thought it was getting boring anyway, being alone in that big house all by yourself.

"In case your mom asks, just tell her you moved in with me." You told him. Then, you two were interrupted by a call. It was coming from your phone. Yut-Lung?

"(Y/N)."

Not even hello? "What is it, Yue? All of us need to meet up right away first thing in the morn-"

"Someone set my place on fire." he cut you off. There was no emotion in his voice, as if he were completely detached from what was happening. Yut-Lung watched his mansion burn to the ground from the distance, feeling numb to the tragedy. The sight of it was almost beautiful. All his memories of horrific events are burning away in front of his eyes.

"What!? Your whole family mansion?" you gasped loudly with your eyes opening wide in surprise. Almost losing your grip on your phone, you quickly regained your composure.

"He has not spared any part of it."

You could hear the sound of sirens in the background during the call, which made you worry a bit. "What about your people- and guards are they okay?"

This night seemed to get only worse as the minutes passed. This unkown-person was already acting recklessly, without considering the consequences. They were setting fires and injuring innocent people without care. How far would they go before they became too dangerous to continue? When will this end? Then you realized, this was not going to end anytime soon. This was just the beginning.

It was difficult to read Yut-Lungs's emotions from his voice. Usually you could read others well, yet couldn't understand how he was so different. You did found it hard to read him, as he was very closed off and didn't seem to want to let anyone in. Something you already noticed in the beginning. That definitely was interesting, you thought.

"Most are injured." he replied calmly. "I assume that some other mafia may still be after me."

That would have made sense if someone wasn't threatening all of you right now. You sighed heavily, frustrated with the situation. "Probably not since it was ..unknown. You have to come here now. We're waiting."