part eleven

It turned out that the police officer, was actually an detective. He didn't look like the kind of person you'd expect to be a detective. When he introduced himself, none of them could even remember his ridiculous name. Everyone sat down in the office of the man, who was sitting behind his desk.

"Funny." (Y/N) suddenly exclaimed as everyone sat down. "I thought we would get questioned separately?" The girl had no respect for the police, and will never do so. No matter how much trouble she could get into, she will never keep her mouth shut. The detective didn't really seem to pay any attention at all. He kept looking trough his files as he finally replied. "Don't worry. You'll be afterwards." (Y/N) quickly glanced at her friends, knowing that things were about to get worse.

Already feeling frustrated, (Y/N) had to explain to the police once again what she remembered from that night, "We were the one's reporting him as missing that day." she tried to explain to the man, keeping her composure and focusing on what she was saying. "Who's we?" The detective asked her with intent to pry, probing for any information she might be withholding.

This really was getting annoying.

"Sing Soo-Ling and I." (Y/N) answered calmly, trying to ignore whatever he was attempting to do. Almost everyone in this building was the same. Looking the same, acting the same.

"Only you two?" The detective pointed at the two people he believed were most responsible for the crime, also strongly believing that at least (y/n) had to be involved in the murder.

The murder of her own best friend.

(Y/N) nodded in agreement. "Yes only the both of us. Eiji Okumura was already in Japan when it happened and Yut-Lung Lee wasn't even in New York that night. Also that night we went-"

"Looking for your friend didn't you?" The detective had a laugh as he interrupted her, obviously not taking her statement seriously. Was this man really a detective? She hesitated before answering him, her voice low and cautious. "Yes?"

He deliberately gave her a strange look again. "Hm. But where exactly did you look for him? You know I'm seeing here that the both of you never stated exactly where.." Again, Sing and (Y/N) were staring at each other for a moment. The questions that were asked definitely changed from when when they last spoke with the police.

The detective gave them a false smile, which made them feel uneasy "No worries. You can also tell me when all of you are getting questioned alone." He continued to look through his files and pointed to Yut-Lung. "I also have some important questions to ask you later Mr. Lee." Yut-Lung looked up to meet his gaze, but didn't bother to say anything.

"Actually.." The detective continued talking after a short while. "It does sound like the exact same story.." Sing started to feel a bit anxious. This man is going to cause a lot of trouble for them.

It was clear that he already believed that all of them were guilty. It probably didn't even matter if they actually were or not. "Well, there obviously is nothing else to add." Sing became even more upset than any of them, getting accused of something he didn't do? He was starting to feel like he was the victim of a witch hunt. The detective only seemed to ask (y/n) and Sing questions, not the other two suspects. As already expected, all of them were now a person of interest in this case.

Why are the police suddenly caring about what happened to Ash? Weren't these the same people who made fun of him for what happened to him as a kid, practically rubbing all of it in his face? The police can never be trusted, no matter where. The detective didn't seem to listen to what Sing had to say, and instead just kept going. "You did see him the same day before he went missing, correct?"