III

^^^ Ella ^^^

My eyes cracked open slowly but somehow I knew that I wasn’t awake primarily because I was in my childhood bedroom and I could smell the scent of my sister’s homemade red velvet brownies. I sat up surveying the room, “Kelsea dinners ready c’mon down.” I looked down and gasped as I saw my hands were the size when I was six years old, “Kelsea dinner.” I stood up, “um coming.” I looked around my room and gulped when I noticed today was the day that my house burnt to a crisp. I slowly walked downstairs carefully tracing my fingers against the engravings in the handrail.

I entered the kitchen and saw Ella standing there she looked as beautiful as that day, “there you are ya little bug.” I hugged her waist, “I love you sissy.” she hugged me back, “I love you too bug now c’mon lets eat before the food gets cold.” I sat in the chair right next to hers and I smiled, “thanks for making dinner I bet it tastes great.” she smiled, setting a plate in front of me, “I made you favorite as an apology for yelling earlier. I should have listened to you instead of immediately getting upset.” 

I sniffled wishing this is how it had gone, “it’s okay sissy I forgive you.” Ella screamed and I turned to see the entirety of the house was on fire but she pushed me towards the door and I ran as fast as I could down the street screaming for help but I managed to get lost. I reappeared in the kitchen and saw Ella yelling at six year old me, “Just go to your room!” tears flowed down my cheeks, “GO!” six year old me ran up the stairs slamming her door behind her and I gulped.

It was like time fast forwarded and Ella called me down for dinner and six year old me stormed down, “you better get that attitude out of you by bedtime or else you're gonna be grounded tomorrow.” We ate dinner in silence. She tried talking to me, “just leave me alone I hate you!” six year old me ran upstairs and I let tears slip down my face as I realised those were my last words to her and I walked over, “no Ella I didn’t mean it I swear I love you so freaking much.” I tried to touch her face but my hands went right through her. 

She covered her mouth as she sat in a chair, “I’m a horrible sister.” I shook my head, “no, no you weren’t you were an amazing sister I’m so fucking sorry.” I sobbed falling to my knees then time fast forwarded again and I looked around seeing the house was on fire, “ELLA!” I ran around trying to find her. I searched everywhere and I finally headed to her room to find her collapsed on the ground, “c’mon Ella you have to get up.” I sat up with a scream, “NO ELLA!” arms wrapped around me and I freaked out until I heard Reid’s voice.

“Shhh it’s just me.” I grabbed his arm with shaky hands and sobbed I heard the others whispering about me but I couldn’t be bothered by them as I shook in Reid’s arms, “you wanna talk about it?” I shook my head and he sighed, “okay then.” he cradled me a little longer, “are you okay Kelsea?” I looked at Caleb, “oh yeah peachy keen Caleb.” he rolled his eyes, “no Caleb I’m not fucking okay someone is stalking me and now I’m having nightmares about my sister burning alive.” he gulped nodding taking a step away from the bed.

“Reid said something about you being followed this morning.” I glared at Reid, “yeah I needed to shower before school so I used the girls dormitory shower room and even though I locked it after making sure there was no one in there it felt like someone was watching me and one of the bulbs shattered after I felt a surge of power.” Caleb immediately looked at Reid, “it wasn’t him at least it didn’t feel like him.” Caleb looked at me confused, “maybe it’s just because I’ve been around you guys for so long but everytime one of you uses it feels different than the others.” 

Caleb shook his head, “I don’t believe you, it had to have been Reid.” I narrowed my eyes at him, “you can call me a lot of things Danvers but don’t you dare call me a liar.” I noticed Tyler give Reid a weird look and Caleb looked down ashamed, “go ahead Caleb use that handy dandy little truth spell you used on me when we were younger.” he sighed, “no I’m not going to do that.” I raised a brow, “Reid you do it then.” Caleb’s eyes snapped to Reid, “don’t.” I knew Reid would never do it no matter how much we pretended to hate each.

I couldn’t help but scoff, “wow Caleb you truly have that little faith in Reid.” Caleb gulped and Pogue stepped forward, “alright  that’s enough.” I shook my head, “no Pogue it’s not you guys call Reid your friend but then you go and attack him like this seriously?” Reid squeezed me, “it’s fine Kels.” I looked at him, “no Reid it’s not.” I looked back at Caleb, “I saw a darkling earlier.” I had to suppress the urge to drop my jaw, “Caleb I know what the means and you still think Reid is capable of something like that does he purposely use to annoy the hell out of you but send you an omen of death I’m sorry Caleb but even Reid has his limits okay.” 

I couldn’t deal with this especially not right now, “you know what, how about you guys talk this out because I am not in the mental state to do that.” I wiggled out of Reid’s embrace and grabbed my shoes before storming out of the dorm ignoring Reid and Caleb’s protests.