XV

TW: Child Abuse and promoting suicide

“You’re free to go.” I stared at the floor, “you’re caretaker is here you’re free to go.” I exhaled slowly as I stood and slid past him. I was handed my piercings along with my phone which they had taken before I was booked. The look of fury was enough to know I was going to pay for this, “I’m sorry about her, she's been acting out a lot recently, I'll make sure this never happens again.” I just stared at the floor expressionless as she practically dragged me out of the station and to her car. 

She sat in the passenger seat silent before she finally lashed out, making me cry out, “FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!” each hit echoing in the small space of the car, “DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE OF YOU!” the tears left my eyes against my will, “please stop!” she grabbed my hair, “oh you want me to stop?” I sniffled, “pathetic.” she sped down the street and I knew there was no escaping this time. We were in front of the orphanage in record speed and she dragged me out of the car, “no food, no socialization, NOTHING!”

She dragged me up the steps and threw me onto the floor of ‘my room’ then stopped in the doorway, “that money is coming out of your ass, every single penny.” she stepped in and began kicking me. I bit my lip trying to keep the cries of pain from escaping, “you’re worthless I wish you would've killed yourself already we’d all be happier without you.” I sobbed as she slammed the door, locking it. I pushed myself up and headed to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. I grabbed some alcohol swabs wiping my lip first then took a deep breath.

I winced as I wiped my cheek that was already turning dark purple in the light. I applied some ointment to the gash then taped a small gauze pad to it. I let out a pitiful scoff at the mirror, “she’s right.” I threw the bloodied alcohol swabs in the trash then restashed the kit under the sink heading to my window and saw it was nailed shut. I sat on my bed with a sigh wincing as my ribs protested at any kind of movement. I began to feel numb as I sunk into the dark thoughts I usually avoided. 

I traced the old scars through my jeans holding back tears. I jumped at a timid knock on my door, “Chelsea?” I rushed over to the door, “hey sweetie can you do me a favor?” I crossed my fingers, “can you reach the lock?” I heard her struggling for a minute and my hope began to diminish but suddenly I heard a click making me swing the door open with a surprised chuckle, “oh you are a lifesaver.” She had tears in her little eyes as they looked at the gauze on my cheek and the split on my lip.

“Did the Mistress do this?” I did my best not to flinch as her tiny fingers slid across the sensitive cut on my lip, “yeah she did but you should be in bed.” she nodded, “are you okay?” I kissed her forehead, “I’m alright my little bug but let's get you into bed before she sees you okay?” she nodded and I nudged her forward. I headed to her bedroom with her and tucked her in, “sweet dreams bug.” I kissed her cheek pulling up her comforter a little, “be safe Chelsea.” I gave her a small smile, “I will.” 

She nodded, “promise?” I let out a soft chuckle, “yeah promise.” with that she finally closed her eyes and I quickly left the room closing the door with a soft click. I rushed downstairs making sure to muffle my steps as I did. I peeked into the living room and let out a quiet sigh as I didn’t see the mistress in there so I rushed to the door and ran out not looking behind me as I sprinted down the street. I started to cross a street when a car came out of nowhere and I panicked putting my hands out in front of me out of instinct. 

It screeched to a halt in front of me, “Chelsea?” I let out a laugh of relief, “Chase?” his face morphed into one of fury, “did the mistress do this?’ I shook my head, “it doesn’t matter Chase I just wanna go to my dorm and forget this ever happened.” his eyes didn’t leave my cheek, “please?” he let out a sigh, “alright yeah get in.” I hopped in the passenger seat and put my seat belt on. I didn’t say anything as he sped down the isolated streets and I sighed as we came to a halt in front of the dorm hall.

“Do you want any company?” I shook my head, “I just need some time to myself I’m sorry.” he nodded, “no I understand um I’ll walk you to your dorm.” I climbed out and waited for him to do the same. Once he was out we walked at a leisure pace until we reached my dorm, “thanks Chase.” he nodded, “um have a good night.” I gave him a sad smile, “I’ll try thanks and you too.” I unlocked the door and gently closed it, immediately locking it. I peeled off my blood stained shirt tossing to the side. 

I slipped on one of the shirts I stole from Reid a while ago along with a random pair of shorts I had and I let out a sigh as I grabbed my phone. I clicked on Reid’s contact hovering over the call button but decided against it, feeling like I'd just be bothering him. I tossed my phone to the side and laid on my bed letting all my thoughts and emotions run rampant and fell asleep with tears staining my cheeks.