V

My stomach was filled with dread the entire car ride back to the academy and I was very hesitant to get out of the car, "Kels you don't have to do this if you're not ready." I shook my head, "I can't hide my face Reid." I let my head fall back against the headrest, "promise me you'll be by my side through the entire ordeal?" he nodded and grabbed my hand lacing our fingers together and kissed the back of my hand, "I promise I will be by your side." I closed my eyes to hold back my tears.

I took a breath tightening my grip on our enclosed hands. I nodded, "okay let's go." I climbed out of the hummer and walked to the front of it but my anxiety rose and I couldn't take a step closer. Reid came around and placed his hand on my back, "I'm right here." my breathing picked up, "I lied to them for so long how are they going to react?" he lifted my chin so I could look him in the eye, "you were scared and they have no right to judge you." his thumb swiped away a single tear that fell and he kissed my forehead.

"I am by your side, I'm not going anywhere no matter what happens." I placed my head on his shoulder and tried to get my breathing in order. No matter how much Reid and I bicker with each other I always felt safe with him and right now the closeness and the scent of him was calming me. I stood straight, "ready?" I shook my head, "not really but I guess it's better just to rip off the bandaid." I leaned against him as we walked into the dorm building. My heart beat faster with each step closer to his dorm.

I could hear them talking as we stood outside his dorm room he unlocked the door and they all stared at his hand that was on my back as hegently nudged me forward into the room then Tyler's eyes snappedto my busted lip and the bruise forming on my cheek, "what the fuck?!" he rushed over. I flinched at the quick movement making him apologize immediately as he backed up and Caleb pushed him to the side to examine my face, "guys back up." Caleb ignored him and I fought to not let my breathing fall out of rhythm.

Pogue looked angry but didn't say anything as he turned away from me, "what happened?" I shrugged, "Mistress doesn't particularly like me." his nostrils flared, "she did this?" I nodded with a sigh, "that's why I haven't stayed at the orphanage since I was nine." he began to process this, "that's why I began wearing makeup so young." Caleb looked torn, "you couldn't have possibly known Caleb so stop beating yourself up over it." he shook his head, "all the times you flinched when one of us grabbed your arm too hard or when you'd flinch when we moved too quickly."

I broke away from Reid and I grabbed Caleb's face, "I am great at hiding things Caleb I've lied almost my entire life and it's something I mastered when I was young there was no possible way you could have known so stop beating yourself up over it right now." he looked ready to argue but I hardened my gaze and he nodded with a sigh. Pogue returned with alcohol and cotton balls crouching in front of me, "why didn't you tell us?" I sighed and tied my hair back, "because I was scared and naive." I played with my fingers.

"I was only nine years old when the abuse started and she threatened that if I told anyone she'd hurt you guys too." they all exchanged looks and I rolled my eyes, "yeah, yeah I know you guys can protect yourselves but I was nine okay." Tyler cleared his throat, "how come you continued lying once you were older?" I chuckled, "because baby boy at that time I'd already been lying for three or so years and thought you'd hate me if I told you guys that truth." Caleb sighed, "we could never hate you." I shrugged, "yeah well anxiety is a bitch when it comes to stuff like this."

I winced as Pogue dabbed the alcohol soaked cotton ball on my busted lip and he muttered a quiet apology, "that's why you've always stayed in one of our places since you were nine?" I nodded, "yeah I figured less time at the orphanage meant less beatings but the longer I stay away the worse beatings are when I return." They stayed quiet after I said that, "you're never going back there." Caleb looked at Reid like he lost his mind, "are you crazy where is she supposed to go?" I shrugged, "I could always try and apply for a dorm room."

Caleb scoffed, "which you have to pay for." I chuckled, "Caleb I have money." he rolled his eyes, "probably not enough." I narrowed my eyes, "and what exactly is that supposed to mean Danvers huh? That I'm not able to afford something because I don't have a lot of money that my father left to my name?" Caleb's face hardened and the tension in the air thickened, "I don't care that I don't have a lot of money Caleb but if that is what you're referring to than maybe you're much more of an asshole than people think."

Reid stepped forward, "and I'd help her if she needed it." His attitude was strange. He typically wasn't this giving and it was making me a little suspicious, making me think he wanted something, "it's fine Reid I should have plenty enough." he nodded, "but anyway we need to talk about what I felt earlier and if you say it was Reid again Caleb I swear to god." he held his hands up in mock surrender, "okay but if it wasn't Reid then who was it." I searched my brain for any kind of answer but the only recurring one was the new transfer student.

"Maybe the new transfer kid Kyle? No that isn't it Chase I think." Pogue seemed to agree but Caleb was kinda hesitant, "how do you know?" I sighed running a hand through my hair, "because the entire that I was around him even though it was for a short amount of time his aura just gave me a really bad feeling." The boys knew that I felt people's aura and we don't know how or why but they learned to trust me about my gut instinct so Caleb sighed nodding, "well let's keep a close eye on him then." we all murmured our agreement with his words.