VI

We decided to ditch lunch and just lay around Tyler's and Reid's dorm not really talking until Pogue brought up a subject, "so why don't you like Kate, Kelsea?" I shrugged, "not really sure I just never have." That was a lie but only Caleb and Tyler knew the real story but I knew that they wouldn't say anything since I made them promise. Pogue looked me up and down, "I'm pretty sure you're lying." I shook my head, "I'm sure she's sweet but I just don't like her sorry Pogue." he nodded with a sigh making me feel slightly bad.

I chewed on my lip and opened the messaging app on my phone texting Caleb, "I feel bad about lying but I don't know how I could ever tell him the truth." Caleb looked at me seriously after reading my message then typed for a moment then his message popped across the screen, "just be straight with him I think he'll understand that you were protecting him trust me he'll be upset for a short while that you lied but he'll learn to get over it." Reid nudged my leg making me look away from my phone and look over at him.

He motioned to his lips meaning he wanted me to stop biting on my lip knowing in a little bit that they'd be really sore if I continued. I released my lip from between my teeth and sighed Caleb cleared his throat, "hey Tyler wanna head over to Nicky's?" he shrugged, "sure why not." I nudged Reid's shoulder, "why don't you go hustle Aaron out of some more of his money." he looked at me confused knowing that I hated when he used more than he should, "are you sure?" I nodded, "yeah I have to talk to someone first but I'll meet you there in a little bit."

He held out his pinky making me roll my eyes but regardless I linked our pinky's, "now go." the three of them headed out of the dorm and I cleared my thoughts trying to mentally prepare myself for the conversation I was about to have, "there is a reason that Kate and I don't get along Pogue and I know you're probably going to be beyond pissed or just not believe me but I think it's time for you to know." he looked up from his phone, "why?" I couldn't look at him, "Kate's cheating on you."

His face remained blanked, "your joking." I shook my head, "no Pogue I'm not she has been since early August." It was now September and he sighed, leaned forward and rubbed his face with his hands, "and how do I know you're not lying?" I knew this was the hard part getting him to trust me, "because Pogue I wouldn't lie about something like this I was lying to protect you but you needed to know at some point." he shook his head, "she wouldn't do something like that I think you're just jealous that I actually have a relationship I'm happy in and let's not forget that you lied to us for eight years about the orphanage."

I looked at him partially confused and partially pissed off, "what's that supposed to mean Pogue and don't you dare try to though that in my face okay I was naive I fucked up I understand that." he laughed bitterly, "let's see your ex physically and mentally abused you then he tried to rape you you haven't seen a single guy since him." I clenched my jaw, "yeah you're right he did and that's another reason I lied because you're fucking happy and I didn't want to ruin that for you because when does anything you ever go the way that you want it to?"

He remained silent, "I was protecting you Pogue and if you don't want to believe me go confront Kate and ask who Kol Whittemore is then come talk to me." I grabbed my bag from beside the door and stormed out of the dorm. I was furious that he tried to use the orphanage lies against me and that he actually believed that I'd lie about something like that just because I had a bad past with relationships. A couple of drinks with Reid actually seemed like a good time right about now and I didn't care what regrets I had in the morning.

I threw on one of the random hoodies I had in a duffle bag smiling when I recognized Reid's signature cologne. I held the sleeves to my nose for a moment allowing my body to relax then I sat confused for a moment wondering why I was feeling this butterflies in my stomach everytime I was close to Reid and especially now that I realized that I was wearing his hoodie I only felt like this when, "son of a bitch." I only felt like this when I began to like the asshole I call my ex.

I was terrified. He was the reason that I found it really hard to trust others and after everything that happened I was really jumpy with everyone especially guys. Reid was known to be a player and I couldn't risk my heart being torn to pieces again but he was acting different towards me so maybe that was a sign that he liked me back. I shook my head, "don't be silly Kelsea why would you be different." I needed to clear my head before heading to Nicky's so I decided to head out to a secluded part of the woods that overlooked the town that I've never told anyone about.