Chapter 7: A Deal

A/N: Hi. Long update. Enjoy. Please comment and vote! And tell me if anything is wrong... :) And thanks for the reads guys! Almost 1K! I know that's not very many for most Wattpad authors, but... it is for me! 

I woke up shivering violently. Though they quickly flew open, my eyelids were swollen from crying. Upon rolling over, I found a package wrapped in brown paper, along with a note.

Luinil,

Enclosed in this paper is a gift of food and water. There is also a blanket. I am so sorry about everything that has happened to you lately. I will do my best to help put it right.

Maglor

My heart swelled with thankfulness as I hungrily ripped open the package, tugging out the blanket and wrapping it around my shivering shoulders. I looked down at my hands, which were cold and oddly discolored. A shadow loomed above me, but my gaze didn't leave my hands. It was probably just someone coming to mock me.

"Lady Luinil," a strong, deep voice said. "Would you like to come over to where my people are camped? It may make you feel a little better."

I glanced upwards without moving my head. Fingolfin's kind eyes met my cold ones, and he smiled. I didn't smile back. The events of the night before rendered me rather incapable of smiling.

"It may do you good to get away from my brother and his sons for a while."

"Well..." I didn't stop glaring upwards, but my eyes became unfocused. I could go with Fingolfin. People on his side of the camp had heard about me, no doubt, but not all of them would hate me for a rumor they'd heard. Fingolfin certainly didn't. However, Feanor had no great love for his brother, and I was already on his bad side. I didn't exactly want to make him loathe my any more than he already did.

"I will be fine, here. Thank you for the kind offer, Fingolfin."

A distressed young couple of Elves came to the prince. One had hair black as a crow's feather and carried himself like Fingolfin, while the other strayed a few paces behind, her fiery red hair hanging down around her face. She was really quite beautiful. Her eyes were green like the flourishing trees outside my home back in Valinor, her full lips the color of fresh, ripe cherries, and her tanned face had no blemish upon it.

"Father," called the first Elf as they drew nearer. "Father, I think we should leave," he said nervously, glancing around. Fingolfin turned to his son, a look of concern passing over his regal features. "Why, Fingon? What's the matter?"

The girl stepped up and stated, "Uncle Feanor hates us, Father. We don't like to be here because no one wants us here. The things they say to us are...not good."

"And what do they say, Aredhel, my dear?"

Fingon answered for her, "Rude things, Father. They do not respect Aredhel in the way they should." He gave my friend a meaningful look, and Fingolfin's features darkened. "Well," he began, "it would seem that we should be on our way, then, back to the comfort of our followers."Turning to me, he extended his arm in a friendly gesture and said, "Luinil, no matter what your background may be, you are always welcomed by the house of Fingolfin."

Agreeing with their father's statement, Fingon nodded, and Aredhel smiled warmly. Though they were both still young, I was surprised at how fast they were becoming like Fingolfin in their ways. As they started to walk in the direction of their tents, I called, "Wait! Fingolfin! May..." I hesitated as he turned around. I didn't want to betray Feanor's trust any more, but then again....I wasn't sure that he even trusted me at all anyways.

"May I please come with you?"

He grinned. "Of course. Aredhel, Fingon, assist Luinil with transporting her possessions."