Chapter 5: A Bloody Nose

A/N: Hi! I feel like this fanfic is just sort of going downhill...oh well! Enjoy this chapter, and---OH OH WAIT! I BELIEVE IN THE FIRST CHAPTER LUINIL BEAT UP CARANTHIR. I WILL GO CHANGE THAT, AS THIS CHAPTER SUGGESTS IT IS CURUFIN. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CURUFIN. I'LL CHANGE IT TOMORROW BECAUSE I'M TIRED NOW, BUT ONCE AGAIN, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CURUFIN! CURUFIN!

And the picture in the media section is Curufin and Celegorm...ah...how do you even art? xD Anyways...enjoy, and please comment/vote! Thanks!

My tears made my pillow very wet that night. Feanor had no idea of the pain I'd had to endure my whole life. I watched my own father murder my mother, then, just for effect, vow to kill me. Melkor could've killed me right there, but he didn't. Curiosity as to why he didn't gnawed at me for many, many years, until I finally forgot. But now...I wonder if it would have been better to simply die young. Then I wouldn't have to deal with the pain and hurt that went along with being...me.

Gently lifting my head up to roll over, I noticed a shadow paused outside my tent. Someone must have heard me crying, and was now planning out how to make me even more miserable. A voice hissed, "Lady Luinil? Will you please come out?"

I didn't move. From the outline, I could see that it was a male Elf wearing quite a bit of armor. A sword hung at his side, and his hair seemed to be braided and twisted down his back. Boots were on his feet, which moved expectantly as he waited for an answer. On all fours, I crawled over to the flap and peeked through. I imagined he would be looking up or around, but instead, his sharp glance met mine as soon as I cast my eyes upward. 

"Hello, Luinil," he said with a grim smile. 

"You cannot come in," I informed him, not bothering to return the smile. "You know the rules. And, you shouldn't even be talking to me. It's bad for your reputation."

"I am Celegorm, son of Feanor. Who can tell me what I can and cannot do?" he questioned proudly. I only stared for a moment before sighing, "Alright. I'll come outside."

Quickly, I grabbed my boots, slipped them on my feet, tied my hair back, and put on a thin cloak. It was rather cold outside, and I knew that Celegorm and I would need to find someplace private to speak. He grabbed my hand to help me out of the tent, and as I stood up, he smiled again. A few Elves passing by gave us odd looks, but I tried to ignore them.

"Celegorm," I began, "why do you need to talk to me?"

He laughed. "Need? I don't need to talk to you, Luinil. No; I want to speak with you."

"About what?" I asked, curious as to what his intentions were. I didn't exactly trust Celegorm. 

"Well...everyone knows your little secret."

I froze. Something definitely wasn't right. "No son of Feanor would talk to the daughter of Melkor--"

"Mogoth," he corrected, but I didn't pay him any attention. Melkor was my father, therefor I had the right to call him whatever I pleased.

"--just because he "wanted" to. What do you really want, Celegorm? I know it's not to talk to me."

He sighed, dropping the friendly act, and pulled me behind a clump of tents. "What I want, Daughter of Morgoth, is to make a deal with you."

"A deal?" I raised an eyebrow, mimicking two Elves walking past us. Celegorm rolled his eyes and muttered, "I would explain, if only we were in a more private place." Taking me by my arm, he dragged me inside one of the tents, which was empty.  I groaned as I realized it was Curufin's. If he found me in there...I did not like to think of the consequences. Noticing a shadow moving outside, I snorted. "This isn't very private either, Celegorm."