The reason behind my tears

Kimberly's Pov

As I walk along the road behind my house to get to the pond, I started remembering the great times I had with Andrew. Since I couldn't get my mind off of him I went to visit his grave, it was a long walk down memory lane, the good memories and the bad memories are in my head as I approach the tombstone, I start to read something that I wrote to vent my feelings "what makes us human beings, is it are feelings, what makes us laugh, what makes us cry, what makes us feel, sometimes I can't find a reason behind my tears because of so many things have happened to me and I just don't understand my feelings, you were the one who taught me how to feel, you were there for me almost my whole life and the sad part is that I never really appreciated it until now, I never thanked you for being there, just you being there made me see life in a different way, in such a way that I could get up in the morning and smile, I could open my eyes and know that every time I wake up I have something to live for, you are my best friend and you always will be, I know I never really thanked you so thank you for holding my hand every step of the way down  this long and bumpy road we call life" .

Suddenly I hear someone say "that was beautiful", I turn around and see a man I've never seen before, I didn't want to be rude so I said "thank you", he asked me "so how did you know Andrew?" I told him that I met Andrew when we were little, so I asked him "how do you know him?"  he answered my question saying "I'm his father", when I heard that it put chills down  my spine, I then ask him "why are you here", he says "why do I need a reason to see my son", I tell him exactly what I was thinking with no remorse whatsoever "so you come and see your son now, after you almost beat him to death and abandoned him for all these years without even saying sorry or showing not even a bit of remorse", he says "look little girl I know I made some simple mistakes, we all do",   I give him a cold stare for a couple of seconds, then I chuckle sarcastically and say "a simple mistake, you call that a simple mistake you don't know how bad you hurt Andrew, he almost died and all you can say is I made a simple mistake, well I got news for you asshole, yes us humans make simple mistakes but a cold hearted person like you doesn't accept that they actually made a mistake and take responsibility for what they have done, so yea maybe I might be a little girl but I probably have more balls than you to actually man up to the mistakes I've made and you know Andrew would've forgiven you that's the  type of man he was, more of a man than you'll ever be". Then I just walk away, I hear him say "screw you, you don't know who I am, I'm the greatest father in the world!!!!" I ignore his foolishness and keep walking without even looking back, maybe one day he will realize what he did was wrong.

I get home and go to the fridge to get some juice, I see my mom sitting on the couch watching the walking dead, so I decide to join her. I sit next to her and lay my head on her shoulder, she says to me "I missed this", I said "I didn't just miss this I needed this, thank you Sam for being an awesome mom", she smiles and says "anytime Kim", I laugh and say "wow someone is feelings good about them self", she says "well it's not everyday I can hear such appreciation", we both laugh and talk for hours and hours. We stay up so late just expressing are selves and joking around, it's moments like this that actually let's me know that tomorrow is a new day and their will be new problems, problems that are not impossible to get through, we create great moments and great moments create us.

Samantha's Pov

Kimberly falls asleep on my shoulder, I lay her on the couch and kiss her goodnight, I put warm blankets over her and turn off the lights. I missed moments like this just talking with Kimberly, she is strong, really strong, I could tell the first day I brought her home, she is like me in many ways, she can have a smile on her face no matter how many problems she has, she can go through a rain storm without an umbrella and come out dry on the other side. She wakes up and comes to my room, she lays at the end of my bed and says "can I ask you one more question mom before I go to bed", I say "of course", she asks "how did you know Richard was the one for you"?

Flashback 15 years ago

Samantha's Pov

"So Richard tell me more about yourself, you do kind of owe me since I saved your life and all", Richard looks at me and laughs, he says "wow really, you know what I'm going to be nice and tell you not just because you saved my life but because I'm stuck in this tree with you", I hit him playfully "well it was your idea to climb up here Richard", he says "well I brought you up here for a reason, look over there", I look over just to see one of the best sunsets that I've ever seen and just to top it all off, I catch a glimpse of a beautiful butterfly flying across the sky. I say "this is amazing", he asks me "so was it worth it climbing up here" ? I answer him "well the sunset is beautiful and the view is great but do you know what would make this even better", I rub his and gently, he smiles at me then we lean closer to each other until are lips meet. That's when I knew he was the one.