Empty feeling

Kimberly's Pov

I remember that empty feeling that I use to get when I was feeling alone and depressed, these days that feeling is familiar because I haven't seen my mom in like 3 weeks, it's gotten to the point that I even get sick to my stomach thinking about it. I know I should go and see her but I'm to scared, I don't know what her reaction will be, I've should've been more understanding, I still don't know what she went through and that eats me up inside that I just left without hearing her side of things.

I go outside and see Andrew sitting on the porch drinking some coffee, I sit next to him and cuddle into his arms for warmth, he asks me "how is my sad sack feeling today?" I squeeze his hand and answer "still sad", he kisses my head and asks "do you want to talk about it?" I look up at him and smile "you know I don't like to", he asks "why not it's just me, I wish I could help you but if you don't share stuff like this how am I suppose to".  I try to avoid the conversation by getting up and getting a cup of coffee, I don't like sharing my emotions to that many people but maybe he's right, I should tell him what I'm feeling.

I sit beside him again, he stares into my eyes and says "well can I see the side of you that I've never seen before", I ask him "are you sure you want to see that side of me you might see some sad things", he rubs my hand gently "sad moments make us stronger but if you don't express sadness it will become a weakness". I tell him how I felt after my parents died, the only person I've told that to is Samantha, I trust and love Andrew that's why I told him.

I felt lost when my parents died, sure I was only five at the time but as I got older the pain started to sink in more and more, Samantha helped me every step of the way, that's why I'm proud to call her my mom. She was the only one who stepped up and took responsibility of me, something that my own family couldn't do, she didn't have to but I'm glad she did. I need to go talk to her one of these days, listen to what happened to her so I could understand what she is feeling, because that's what we should do understand each others feelings but at the same time get the chance to understand are own.

Andrew's Pov

I'm glad Kimberly finally opened up to me, I could feel the pain that she was letting go of, each word that she said was like a cry out for help, each sentence drew us closer together. I told her about my past, only my mom knew, so it was kinda similar how we opened up to each other. When I was seven my father had anger issues, the drugs that he was on didn't help either, he started becoming abusive to me and my mom, one time he almost beat me to death because he stepped on a toy that I left on the floor, he stormed into my room and kicked me in the face several times, my mom called the cops as I was fading away. I woke up in the hospital the next morning with a concussion, my mom was sitting next to the bed, she said to me "he can't hurt you anymore, it's all over", I never asked what happened to him even till this day I don't know and I don't want to know. It sends chills down my spine even thinking about that day, Kimberly helped me find my self after all of that, she knew were I was even if I didn't know were I was standing, she is the one that puts me into meaning, she gave me meaning to live again.