Challenge- Sodapop Curtis [1]

This was requested by foreversodas

Warnings: none (unless you find some then tell me : ) )

sorry that it has taken awhile- i just had finals, and i had to work on my grades. but anyways enjoy:))
---------------------------------------------

It wasn't very unlikely to find you reading a book. Wherever you were you were reading. Reading was everything to you. It allowed you to escape from the loudness of your brother's friends. He always dragged you along, to all his friends claiming ' it's too dangerous to stay at bucks, with all those boys, you'll get pregnant or some shit, and I don't need that' which you could see where that was coming from, but he of all people should know you were too much of an introvert to want to talk to anyone new. Hell it took almost a full year to get comfortable around your brothers friends.

you were only two years younger than Dallas putting you and ponyboy to be in the same grade, since he had moved up one. You were best friends with ponyboy, since you two had a lot in common.

"c'mon y/n. stop reading, you're slowing us down." Dallas Complained.

"Shut Up Dallas, let me finish this page. Your such crabby pants." you sassed back to your annoying brother.

Dallas sped up forcing you to put the bookdown and run.

"Dallas, if you wanna race lets race, i bet i can get inside first." You said knowing you would get there quicker, since pony had shown you a really short way to get there.

"what does the winner get, and what does the loser have to do?"

"The winner gets to be left alone for one whole week and the loser has to do whatever the winner says." you said knowing you would win.

"ALrighty ill see you there. 3...2...1...GO!" Dallas yelled, taking off.

as you ran your book had fallen out of the bag you were carrying, which had slowed you down as you had to walk back.

as the house came into view, you saw your brother standing on the porch smirking while the other boys were messing around outside.

"I took the short way, how did you get here so fast?" you whined.

"HaHa now you get to whatever i say" Dallas Taunted.

"I hate you so much. what do i have to do and can it wait until i finish the chapter, there's only like 20 pages left." (i always say that lmao)

"Sure, it'll give me time to think of what you have to do."

after he said that you ran inside, to sit with pony and finish the chapter, which was only about 5 pages left but you wanted to talk to pony.

"Pony?" you called opening the door.

"In here." he called from the kitchen.

"Do you need help?" you asked walking through the doorway. It looked like he was struggling trying not to burn anything.

"If you don't mind, could you do the bacon? or if you don't want to do that then the sandwiches, just get the things out and set them on the table?"

"sure ill get the sandwich stuff" you said heading to the fridge to grab whatever was needed to make the sandwiches.

"What are you reading right now?" pony asked turning to face the bacon while you walked back and forth throughout the kitchen

"oh well, im reading (your favorite book-imagine if its not from the 60s, just imagine it is), for like the millionth time" you said smiling.