old friend-Dallas Winston [2]

Warnings: mentions of death
————————————————————————
Y/n POV
My mom had decided to move from New York to Tulsa to have a "fresh start". I know she only wants to move because she doesn't want to think of dad. Dad had died a year ago and mom wasn't dealing with it in the best way.

I wished Dallas was here when dad passed because he was my best friend. But he moved away without warning one day and I never talked to or saw him again.

"Mom why are we moving, I get it that you want to start new, but we have a life here." I said looking to my mom as I taped our boxes shut.

"Y/n we need to. It will be good for us. Plus you won't have to complain about it being cold, because it's nice and warm in Tulsa. And who knows~ maybe you'll meet a cute boy~" she said the last part in a sing-song voice.

"Mom I don't wanna meet a cute boy, I wanna go to school, get a good job, not be a housewife."

"Fine y/n have it your way. But when you meet a cute boy I'll have to say I told you so."

"Alrighty then, that was the last one." i said picking up the last box and putting it into our moving truck.

"are you ready for a new start?" mom asked.

"not really" i mumbled, and then we were off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived in tulsa I had noticed that the city was seperated by class, and it looked like i lived on the poorer side. our neighbors were just 3 boys, a tall muscular man probably in his early 20s, a movie star looking one who looked to be my age, and another one who looked to be a few years younger than me.  I might as well introduce myself so them, since im 'starting fresh' and im going to want friends.

"mom im going to go ad meet the neighbors, are you okay with finishing unpacking by yourself?" i asked.

"sure, sure, go ahead, make some friends, meet a cute  boy~"

"bye mommmm" i said opening the front door and laving. I walked around my yard to the gate infront of the house, opening it, it creeked loudly, with every step i took to the house, i could hear more talking. knocking on the door that stood in front of you, you patiently waited until the movie star smiler opened the door.

"Hey your the new girl right?" The boy said.

"Yeah, Thats me haha, Im y/n and i just wanted to get to know some people around."

"oh cool, well Im sodapop, that one" he pointed to the fourteen year old. "is my brother ponyboy, that big muscular one is our older brother Darry, That one with the micky shirt is Two-bit, The shy little one is Johnny, That wonky looking one is Steve, and That one wearing the leather jacket is"

"Dallas?" I asked getting a better veiw as he looked my way.

"y/n?" Dallas asked, a tear fell down my face.

"Hey dal, long time no see."

"uh yeah, yeah, so uh wow. you look good, how long has it been?" Dallas asked absorbing you in.

"uh its been 5 years Dal." You said letting out a breath you didnt know you were holding, the other 6 boys had left the room so you and dal could talk.

"hows the old man and your ma? They both here?"

"yeah, moms over at the house finishing our unpacking, and dad hes uh, he has passed on."  you said finding your shoes oddly interesting.

"oh, im sorry, do you wanna come in?" you nodded taking a seat on the couch beside dallas.

"why'd you do it?" you asked looking him in the eye.

"do what?"

"leave without saying anything, dallas you were my best friend, and i needed you, and after all we had been through you didnt even say goodbye." you said crying.

"i couldnt say goodbye. If i did, i wouldnt have been able to leave, and i needed to leave." Dallas said, getting slightly closer.

"But you didnt even leave a note, i had asked everyone i knew that knew you, and they all said you left, i didnt want to belive it." Tears were now falling down your face.

"y/n, I'm sorrry for everything, i didnt want to hurt you, I knew you would be better off without me, i knew that if i stayed it would ruin your repuutation, i knew if i stayed i would have done something that wouldnt make us friends anymore."

"and what would that be, because i loved you with all of my heart, nothing would make me not want to be your friend."

"I- uh you love me?"

"yes dallas I love you, i still love you, because you were someone i could never forget, but you had hurt me."

"you have no idea how much i wanted you to say that." Dallas smiled and pressed his lips to yours, it took awhile before you reciprocated, but yo did, and it was the best kiss you had ever had. "i will make it up to you all of it, i mean im not a guy whos sappy and soft, but i need you."

"and i you."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Hey so whats up? so i know this one is a tad bit shorter then the past few.   I hope you liked it, please vote and comment.

Question Of The Story Is:
What is your favorite book other than 'the Outsiders'?
Mine would have to be 'the folk of the air' trilogy by holly black

MUAH, Stay Gold- Jean
ALSO THANK YOU FOR 2K READS OMG