-14-

Arriving at the apartment building, Kasey taps her key on the box at the front and they hear a buzz as she opens the door and they then make their way up to Kasey and Kylie's apartment. 

"Mom, Ky, I'm home and I brought a friend with me. Please tell me there are leftovers in the fridge, we're both starving!"

Her Mom appears from the hallway, "Chicken and veggies in the fridge. Kylie is just finishing off some homework." 

Kasey nods, "Math?" 

Grandma Pat nods, "You're going to have to look it over, I really don't understand this new math." 

Kasey laughs as does Kelley, "Mom, this is Kelley O'Hara, she plays for the United States." 

"Nice to meet you Kelley ... Wait, did you say O'Hara? as in the jersey you have tucked in your closet, Kase?" 

Kasey nods as she looks at the floor, embarrassed at being caught. "Yes, Mom." 

Kelley smiles widely, "You have my jersey?" 

Kasey smiles and nods. 

"Would you like me to sign it?" Kelley asks her with a smile followed by a wink.

"Maybe later. Let's eat first," Kasey responded back with a wink and smile of her own. 

Kelley felt her heart race and took a deep breath as Kasey did so.

Grandma Pat watching and listening to the interaction between the two, couldn't help but notice the energy between her daughter and Kelley and decided that it was in everyone's best interest for her to make herself scarce. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kase. Nice to meet you, Kelley." 

"Night Mom, see you tomorrow." 

Kasey dished her and Kelley out some food and then after putting the first dish in the microwave decided to go check on Kylie, who had yet to emerge from her room. 

She found Kylie with her headphones in and a book in her hand and tapped her on the shoulder. 

"Hey Mom, when did you get home?" 

"A short time ago. Did you finish your homework?" 

Kylie nods, "Yeah, but can you check and make sure it's right?"

Kasey takes the paper being handed to her and reviews it, "You might want to revisit question 4, but the rest look good. So, there's a guest in the living room." 

"Jen?" 

"No, Kelley." 

"Really?" 

Kasey smiles and nods then watches as her daughter quickly leaves her alone in the bedroom. 

She laughs before making her way back out to the kitchen and scooping the plate out of the microwave before putting the second one in and then delivering the first plate and a fork to Kelley who is currently conversing with Kylie on the couch. 

The three of them watched some television while they ate and all noticed that the station was promoting tomorrow's, "Match of the week, featuring Limestone and Capital City." The station asking fans attending the game and those watching at home to wear green and white to support the home team. 

Kasey finished eating and set her fork down on the plate before setting both on the table in front of her. 

Kelley looked over at her, "You nervous about the game?"