-73-

A few days later and Kasey and Kelley are preparing for the imminent arrival of Erin. 

Kelley puts on her boots and jacket, collecting what she needs before making her way over to Kasey who is putting the finishing touches on an assignment before submitting it. Kelley reads a bit over her shoulder and smiles. 

"I always hated doing the references." 

Kasey smiles and laughs, "Worst part of any paper. No matter how hard I try, I seemingly always get marks deducted for placing periods or commas in the wrong spot." 

Kelley laughs, "Been there. I'm heading out to get Erin now, do we need anything while I'm out?" 

"I don't think so, but, then again I've been focused on this damn paper for so long that I'm not even sure what day or time it is." 

Kelley wraps her arms around Kasey and kisses her cheek, "Try to relax, beautiful. I'll be back soon, message me if you think of anything in the meantime. Love you." 

"Love you. Watch out for the idiots on the road." 

Kelley laughs as she makes her way towards the door, "I'll do my best. Bye Babe." 

With Kelley gone, Kasey makes short work of finishing off her paper and submitting it before then turning her attention to doing a bit of tidying up around the apartment. She grabs her headphones and puts on a playlist, singing and dancing around, trying to relax as Kelley stated before the O'Hara sisters arrive back from the airport. 

Kelley is stoked to find a relatively close parking spot upon her arrival at Ottawa International and makes her way inside to await the arrival of her sister. Noting that she is a bit early Kelley decides to be a nice sister and head over to the Tim Horton's to collect a coffee for both of them. 

Finally, the arrivals sign flashes that the flight has landed and Kelley waits anxiously by the doors for her sister to appear. A few minutes later she does along with her pull along behind her. The sisters share a quick hug and Kelley hands Erin her now slightly cold drink. Kelley smiles widely at her sister. 

"What's with the smile, Squirrel? Did you miss me or something?" 

"Maybe, or maybe I'm just in a good mood." 

"Uh-huh. Let me guess you got laid this morning." 

Kelley laughs and shrugs, "That too, but, also, I have something that I need to show and tell you. Let's get out of here, so I don't have to pay any more for parking and we can talk."  

Erin looks at her sister and smiles, "You're planning on proposing aren't you?" 

Kelley nods, "How did you? Did Mom tell you?" 

"She didn't have to tell me, you're legit wound. I've never seen you like this not even before the World Cup or even Olympics."  

They place Erin's bag in the trunk of the car and then sit inside and let the car warm up a bit before driving out. 

"Open the glove box, Er."

Erin does as Kelley says and finds a velvet box. "Is this what I think it is?" 

"Yeah. You can look you know." 

Erin takes the box and slowly opens it, "Wow, Kel, these are gorgeous. Kasey is going to love them." 

"I hope so." 

"She will don't worry. So, what's the plan? When, where, how etc..? I need deets."  

"This is where you and Jen come in. On Sunday, you are going to suggest to Kasey that we all head downtown to see the sights including the Parliament Buildings and especially the Centennial Flame. I'm planning on proposing at the Flame. Jen is already aware of the plan and is going to film it, along with a photographer that I hired for the occasion."