-28-

Kasey is awoken by the sound of her phone ringing in the dark and turns over to locate the device, hoping that nothing is wrong with anyone she cares about.

She lets out a yawn as she answers, seeing Kelley's name briefly show up on the screen.

"Kelley? Are you okay? Is everything okay? Why are you calling me at like 2 in the morning?"

"How about you come to your door and find out?"

"My door? Wait, are you here?"

"Yes, now, how up you come and let me in already. I feel like someone's watching me."

Kasey laughs, "It's quite possible. I have a few neighbours who are nosy, night owls. I'll be right there."

"Okay."

Kasey sets her phone down and takes a quick look in the mirror before then making her way to the door, unlocking it and opening it to reveal a smiling Kelley. Kasey pulls her inside and they share a tight hug and kiss. After they release their grip on each other, Kasey ensures the door is closed and locked before turning back to look at the brunette standing there.

"You're really here, aren't you? I'm not dreaming?"

Kelley laughs, "I'm here, beautiful."

"No offence, but, what are you doing here?"

"You sounded down and like you needed a hug and well, I needed you." Kelley walks over to her and leans in to gently place a kiss on Kasey's lips.

Kasey lets out a moan with the contact, "I missed that and I've missed you."

"I missed you, too." Kelley lets out a chuckle as Kasey yawns. She takes Kasey's hand, "We can talk more in the morning. Right now, let's go to bed, sleepyhead." They make their way back to the bedroom hand in hand and Kasey licks her lips as Kelley strips down to her bra and underwear in front of her.

"I'll be right back, nature calls." Kasey slides under the covers as Kelley does her thing in the bathroom.

When she returns, Kelley climbs in behind Kasey under the covers and wraps her arm around her, kissing her shoulder, "Night, beautiful."

"Night, Kel."

Sleep soon takes over and the next thing Kasey knows is that her alarm is sounding out and breaking the peace and quiet of the apartment. She reaches over to turn it off and then feels herself being pulled back into the arms of the woman currently sharing her bed.

Kasey smiles as she allows herself to be wrapped in the warmth, "Definitely wasn't a dream."

Kelley laughs, "Nope."

"How long are you here for?"

"A day. My flight back leaves tomorrow morning and should give me enough time to get back and still be on time for training. I'll probably have dead legs, but it won't be the first time."

Kasey turns over and smiles as she moves some loose hair away from Kelley's face, "I'm so glad that you're here."

"Me too, even if it means that I'm probably going to running extra laps tomorrow. Please tell me I didn't travel here to find out that you have an early class?"

Kasey shakes her head, "I do, but, I'll get everything I need off the Powerpoint later. I do, however, need to go to a class at Noon and also get Kylie up and off to school, though. And, I almost forgot, it's a game day as well."

"How about you make us some coffee and I'll get Kylie up?"

"I don't know, Kel; she's usually a bear to get up."