-33-

It's early on Sunday, and Kasey is currently sitting down at the table drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying some time to herself before Kylie wakes up. 

She really dislikes that today's game is an early one as it screws up her normal game-day routine. Having already completed most of her assignments and reading for the week and needing to zone out for a bit, she takes out her sketchbook and smiles at the leatherbound book. She can't help but think about the Sky Blue player who gave her the book. 

Using some pictures she finds online as a reference, Kasey begins to draw a caricature of Kelley in her Sky Blue uniform. She spends a bit more time adding details to it before snapping a picture and sending it on to her favourite defender.  

New Message

Wild Thing: Morning, Kel. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and wish you good luck in your game today. XOXO (Insert picture of the drawing here)

Kelley: It's adorable! I love it and you. Can you draw one of us together for me? Also, I want this one, so keep it safe for me. Have a good game today, and we'll talk later. XOXO

Kelley posts the picture Kasey drew of her on Instagram

kelleyohara

(Insert pic here)

Gameday inspiration.

#SkyBlueFC, #NWSL, #3CCrusaders, #KaseyWild, #WildThing, #WildThingFanClub, #soccer, #talented

In New Jersey, Sky Blue is taking on the Washington Spirit led by Kelley's USWNT teammate and friend, Mallory Pugh. Sky Blue continues their losing ways, as they fall by a final score of 3 – 1 to the visitors, with Pugh scoring two. 

Kelley scores the home team's only marker when she puts one past Haracic in the 71st minute.

"Nice game, KO," Mal says, smiling at her. 

"Thanks, Mal. It would be nice to actually win a game this season, though; it's been a rough one."

Mal nods, "I know the feeling. How are things with you and Kasey? Did she draw that picture you posted?"

"Things are perfect between us. Actually, she is coming to the game on Saturday, and yes, she did draw the picture. It's cute, yeah?"  

Mal smiles and laughs, "It is. I'll see you later, KO. Try and stay out of trouble." 

"See you in a few, Mal." 

Kelley signs a few autographs and quickly heads into the change room, hopeful that she can get the stream for Kasey's game to work. 

She borrows a team laptop and hooks it up to the TV. 

30 minutes left in the game, and it remains scoreless between the Crusaders and the visiting Morristown College Mustangs. 

Kelley grabs some food and chocolate milk and parks in front of the screen to watch the end of the game. Soon, she finds herself surrounded by Kailen, Sam, Nikki and then a few others wander into the room to catch a glimpse of the woman who has captured their teammate's attention.  

Both keepers are having themselves a game, and Kasey is growing increasingly frustrated with the opposition chipping away at her teammates and not being reprimanded for it. 

In the 77th minute, Kasey finally breaks through the Mustang's backline and directs a shot on target, bulging the netting before hearing the referee's whistle sound out, and he indicates the play was offside. She's had enough and runs towards the referee, questioning the call as well as several other no-calls.