-63-

A few days later and Kasey finds herself hugging and kissing Kylie before leaving her in the care of Kelley and her family. 

"Be on your best behaviour, Ky." 

"I will, Mom. Love you." 

"Love you." Kasey squeezes her tightly. 

"Time to go, Kase." 

Kelley watches the encounter alongside her Mom and, not wanting to interrupt until absolutely necessary, stays back. 

"Be good, and I'll see you soon." 

Kylie nods and smiles before reaching down to pet Buddy. 

Kasey hugs Karen and thanks her for everything before following Kelley out to the car. 

She feels incredibly heavy on the drive to the airport. It's her first time leaving Kylie for an extended period of time, and it makes her incredibly nervous to think how far away she'll be from her daughter if she's needed. 

Kelley sensing the need to comfort her girlfriend, reaches over and takes her hand, "Kase, I promise you she will be fine. I love her as if she is my own, and I would never let anything happen to her." 

"I know. It's just we've never been apart for this long." 

"Well, then I'm sure Kylie will appreciate the break from you." 

"Hey!" 

"Is for horses."

Kasey laughs, "I'm gonna miss you, too, Kel." 

"I know, cause honestly, who wouldn't?" 

"Really?" Kasey gives her side-eye, and Kelley laughs.

"I'm gonna miss you, Babe; but, very soon, we'll be together for an indefinite amount of time and probably get sick of each other." 

Kasey nods, "Quite possibly. I hope you like sleeping on the couch." 

"Wow, you went there, huh?" 

Kasey laughs, "Yep. I have to admit, though that I'm kinda looking forward to getting back into a routine. I've enjoyed spending time away and taking a break, but I need to get back to school, placement and work now." 

Kelley nods, "I know how important it all is to you and don't worry, we'll get Little Wild caught up on the schooling she's going to miss." 

"They really don't do much for the first few days after the break, and I've already emailed her teacher and explained the situation."  

"That's good then." Kelley pulls into a parking spot and puts the car into park. She turns towards Kasey and pulls her into a gentle kiss. "Fly safe, beautiful. I love you." 

"Love you, Kel. Look after my kid, okay?" 

"Under control. Now, let's get you checked in before you miss your flight home." 

Kelley pulls Kasey's suitcase behind her as they make their way into Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport and get her and her baggage checked in, and then wait. 

"You promise that you're going to keep me updated as to your whereabouts, right, Kel?" 

Kelley laughs, "I promise. Kylie has already requested a few stops along the way, so don't expect us to take a straight line back." 

"I know she already mentioned checking out the UNC campus and stadium. Isn't that quite aways out of the way?" 

Kelley nods, "It is, it just means that Er and I will be driving a bit longer. It's important to Little Wild to see it, so I'll make it happen. Just relax, Kase. Everything will be fine."