Chapter 5

*Unedited*
The pic is of the woods or forest, what ever you want to call it. It's the forbidden woods that surround the town.
______________________________
#RECAP#

I grab the small vintage box and run downstairs with Emily holding my hand. I grab my batman book bag and stuff the vintage box inside and run outside the house with Emily around my waist.

The whole house was on fire by now. I knew Henry was dead by now, my fire was hotter than regular fire. I put Emily tightly around me and take her hand and super speeded over to the forbidden forest on the outskirts of town. Once we are there I put her down and sit on the forest floor. I pull her on my lap, she was crying.

Vanessa- "Emily, I have something to tell you baby girl. A few days ago a was visited by a fox spirit. She was the only one in the whole world, and me and her are now together as one. I can turn into a big fox and have stronger sense and agility, strength and speed than humans. She gave me the gift of all that, and I can control fire. I'm going to use it to protect us okay?"

She nods and hugs me tightly. Ruby was working on healing me right now, but my injuries was going to at least take a some hours.

Emily falls asleep on my chest and I move my dress up to my stomach. Henry carved in 'bitch' into my skin. I poke at it and it makes me hiss. I pull my dress back down and hold on to Emily and lay back on a tree and slowly fall asleep.

#RECAP~OVER#
______________________________

:Vanessa POV:

I woke up in the forest with Emily in my lap, softy snoring in her sleep. I slowly get up from the trees back and stand up with Emily in my arms. I swiftly grab my back pack and put it on one shoulder.

Mentally thanking Ruby for healing my wounds while I was asleep. It was probably around 5 now. The sun was going to set in a couple hours.

I walk out of the forest quietly, making sure no one was on the street or block before stepping out into the open. I went the one place I could think of to keep Emily safe at least for now, before I could get a job and a house. Which won't happen for a while.

I began to walk to the house I knew by heart. The house I would probably be saying at for the next couple weeks, maybe months even if they are not bothered by us. I made my way around town to the other part of the forest.

I went my way to Gabby's house

I never met Gabby's family, but I was sure they knew of me and Emily. Especially since Emily went there all the time and the times I needed her to be safe from Henry. At that thought a glance down at my sisters snoring, sleeping body.

Hopefully she would be safe at their house. I knew that they might not let us, but it was the only place we had to go. Plus, I bet Emily and gabby would love each other's company. I mean, now they can have sleep overs all the time. I smile looking down at Emily's body and back at the sidewalk.

She would be able to be a happy 24/7 kid again.

The farther a walked, the more the sun was setting in the sky, the more closer Emily and I had to getting a new life.

I knew I wasn't old enough to be a legal adult, so I have to keep it a secret, and pretend Gabby's parents adopted us. If we were put in foster care, me and Emily would be separated, and no way in hell would I leave her side without a fight.

Emily was starting to get out of her deep sleep, but I didn't dare to wake her up. She deserved the rest of her comfortable sleep.

While I walked down the streets, I was extra cautious. I didn't want anyone to see me walking down the street with a sleeping Emily, I mean, wouldn't the neighbors or something find out of the burning house across the street or block. They might be looking for us, or think we are dead.

I started to use some super speed when the night had come. It was dark and people wouldn't be able to make out any of the personal details on my face enough to tell its me.

I finally got to the doorstep of Gabby's house exhausted. Ruby was still a tired from healing me and running and using the element for the first time. I was sweating as I hurriedly knocked on the door at probably 6 or 7 pm.

One of The people that was in the kitchen with me this morning opening the door. It was one of the girls. She seemed shocked and surprised to see me too. Her eyes even widen a bit.

Vanessa- "yea, hi. Can I come in?"

Girl- "um yea, s-sure" she stuttered and moved out of the way to let me in.

I walked inside the house I've been in a couple times before and walked into the living room.

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!

Inside the living room was Zach and the two guys and one girl I saw this morning hanging out in the living room. They were playing video games and cheering for their teams. Their was only two controllers out that was occupied by the girl and one of the guys. Zach and the other guy each cheered for different people.

I widen my eyes a bit and quickly make my way to walk out of the room. But, luck wasn't in for me today.

Zach- "what are you doing here?"

I flinch when I hear him ask me the question and hear his voice.

Vanessa- " I just am ok? Do you know where Gabby's parents are I would like to finally talk to them for once."

I clutch a little tighter to Emily who just woke up and was just groggily rubbed her eyes.

Emily- "where are we?"

Vanessa- "we are at Gabby's house, why don't you two go play and have another sleepover?" I ask her softly and put her down.

Before she goes off, I take off her red emergency back pack. Which to anyone else it would just look like a regular backpack. She scurries off to Gabby's room and I turn back to the 5 teens in the living room and they gasp and lock their eyes on my dress.

Vanessa- "what are yo-" I cut myself off when I look down to see that the blood and sinked through my dress and it was a big red blotch on its stomach/ waist area.

I turn around abruptly and my back was facing them.

Vanessa- "never mind, I'll find Gabby's parents myself."

I quickly stalk out of the room and zipped up my leather jacket to cover the blood stains. I follow the scent of something that smells a lot like gabby to an elevator.

'Damn! How big is this house?!?!'

'I don't know. I just don't, know.' Ruby replied with a funny and amused voice.,
_________________________________
(a/n: sorry for the semi-short chapter! I hope you liked it and will like the upcoming chapters. Remember to................

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW ME!!!!!! )