3

enjoy!! ( ^3^ )

(Y/N) knocked on Victor's door. "Victor, may I come in? I have your breakfast."

After some hearing paper rustling and a drawer opening and closing rapidly, Victor opened the door, with Wick, his dog, bouncing up and down.

"Down, Wick. I'm carrying human food. Not for you." (Y/N) giggled and set down the plate of cinnamon sugar french toast on Victor's desk. Victor pulled another chair from the corner of his room to the desk for them.

"Thank you. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts and writing." Victor subtly fixed his hair and leaned on his palm.

"Did you sleep last night?" (Y/N) asked, biting into their slice of french toast.

"Did you?" Victor nervously chuckled.

"Yes, I did. Victor, answer me." (Y/N) leaned toward Victor with care.

"No." Victor said as if (Y/N) pulled the answer right out of his lungs.

"You deserve rest, Vic. Your birthday is tomorrow, and the Christmas party. It would be a shame to see you exhausted on your special day." (Y/N) laid their hand on Victor's knee, who wasn't taken aback by the touch, but then felt physically attracted to (Y/N) even more than before. Victor yearned to lean on (Y/N) as they stroked his hair and talked to him until the day was gone.

Through words, the truest emotions are expressed, he believes. Words mean a lot to the Postman, who communicates best by mail. He would stumble over his words confessing to (Y/N) in person. One day, once I feel confident, (Y/N) will read my letters, Victor hopes.

"I could sleep now." Victor spoke, almost asking (Y/N) for permission to sleep.

"You should eat a bit first. We have no matches to prepare for, anyway." (Y/N) started cutting up the french toast into mouthfuls and fed one to Victor. He did not hesitate to open his mouth for them.

"Good. You do the rest." (Y/N) blushed a bit from the romantic undertones of that moment.

Victor hummed in agreement as he ate more mouthfuls.

(Y/N) patted their lap for Wick to jump up. "Up, Wicky." Wick jumped onto their lap and licked (Y/N)'s hands as they stroked his back. "Good boy!"

Victor subtly glared at Wick. Lucky dog, he sneered in his head, continuing to scarf down the mouthfuls. "I'll turn in now." Victor walked over and flopped onto his bed.

"Sit up and let your food digest for a few minutes." (Y/N) closed the window curtains and sat next to Victor.

"Wick!" Victor sat up and patted the bed for Wick to jump up. Wick happily obliged, and sat in (Y/N)'s lap once again. "I'm starting to think he likes you more."

An amused giggle spilled out of (Y/N). "Really? I don't think he likes me anymore than you do." They did not use the 'like' as in romantically, but as who Wick found more pleasing. But Victor couldn't read (Y/N)'s mind. Dogs can't understand the complexity of human attraction, they only mate for survival, and Wick isn't even a breeding dog. He doesn't quite understand how I want to spend the rest of my natural life with (Y/N), Victor thought, almost tearing up on the last line.

"He instantly climbed into your lap the day you first arrived, (Y/N)." Victor reminissed.

"Wick did do that." (Y/N) laughed, now paying much more attention to Wick and baby-talking him.

Victor looked longingly at (Y/N), admiring them once again. Getting lost in their always shining eyes, their contagious smile... their everything. Victor was almost on the verge of tears remembering how terrible a relationship could become for the survivors. If he was ever officially connected with (Y/N), he would never forgive himself if he left them on a chair, even if everyone else escaped.

As Victor's yearning grew further, he started to write down the words he could never say to them face to face. If the words were uttered aloud, he would stumble and blush and ask to start over a million times... how embarrassing for him. And when he thought more private thoughts, he would beat himself up mentally for imagining a close friend in such an obscene way.

"Earth to Victor!" (Y/N) caressed the boy's soft face. "You should sleep now."

Almost like instinct, Victor held their hand, taking it off his face, now holding it with both hands.

"What's with the long face?" (Y/N) titled their head and stacked their hands with Victor's. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Victor choked back tears. "I'm too happy right now."

"There's no such thing as too happy, Victor. True happiness is a blessing, and every bit should be appreciated." (Y/N) let go of Victor's hands to exit the room. "You should sleep now."

Victor's mouth hung ajar. Why did they leave my hands? Were they uncomfortable? Was it too romantic? He did not hear the door close, so as he returned his thoughts to the present, (Y/N) was gone.