4

(Loop this song!!)

6 hours had passed, and Victor was still sound asleep in his room.

He really deserves the rest, (Y/N) thought. But maybe I should check in for a bit.

To be completely honest, they were curious about the letters Victor writes everyday. (Y/N) always thought about who the letters could be addressed to. If we was just writing his daily feelings, he would call them notes or a journal. Why call them letters if the letters aren't for anyone? Nothing and nobody can leave Oletus Manor, anyways. And why is he writing so many? Lost in their thoughts, (Y/N) arrives at Victor's door, where they have been brought unconsciously many times before.

Here again? I'm always drawn here when I'm lost in my mind palace. How strange, but comforting.

"Victor?" (Y/N) knocked before entering the postman's room.

They opened the door, silently as they could. Wick curled up at the foot of the bed, breathing on Victor's covered feet. They smiled, stepping lightly on the floor, avoiding creaky floorboards. Seeing Victor so at peace, off dreaming and away from the cage of the manor, released butterflies in (Y/N)'s stomach. What an unusual feeling... but how wonderful it feels. They were tempted to peer over Victor as he slept, and comb his blond hair through their fingers. I don't want to disturb him, but I want him to know I'm here. Why am I here? Oh, just to check on him. Right, I should leave now. (Y/N) wanted to leave, but her brain drew her closer to Victor's soft and vulnerable face. They sat next to Victor, hand reaching for the open side of his face, but pulled back. "No, I shouldn't." (Y/N) gasped, realizing that they thought out loud.

Victor stirred in his slumber, bringing his head closer into a fetal position and breathing deeply. "I'd love to..." he murmured.

Aw, his sleep-talking is adorable. Is... Is that really what I mean? Adorable? He is very adorable, but I... adore him. As a friend... no more than that... (Y/N) became conscious of their emotions. They buried their head in their hands, embarrassed. I just realize this now? While I'm in his room as he sleeps?

"(Y/N)..." Victor mumbled, almost inaudible.

Victor, I'm right here. Without hesitation, they placed a hand gently stroking his face.

The sleeping man tilted his head to lean more into (Y/N)'s hand. "I... missed you..." he murmured under his breath.

Oh. He must be dreaming of someone he met before he came to the manor... But why does this make me sad? Victor is having a nice dream... but I don't feel good anymore... (Y/N) thought sadly. Am I... jealous of whoever this is? No, I can't be jealous, that's so horrible of me...

Lost in their thoughts, (Y/N) didn't notice Victor silently waking up, frozen in his position.

"(Y/N)?" Victor's face was pink thinking about (Y/N)'s hand touching him.

"Ack!" (Y/N) retrieved their hand and placed it behind their back. "I'm so sorry, I didn't want to disturb you."

"You didn't disturb me... at all. I was waking up anyways." Victor stretched a bit.

"Ah, well," (Y/N) changed the subject immediately. "It's noon."

"I'm going to continue writing now, if you don't mind." Victor looked bashfully at the ground.

"Of course, I'll be going now! See you later-" (Y/N) ran out of the room and to their own where they flopped onto the bed and screamed into the pillows.

I feel like a teenager again, falling in love for the first time ever. Though this is much better than the actual first time. (Y/N) flipped onto their back squeezing their pillow in their mental pain. I guess I really do love him... but relationships never work out for the best here. I would feel so guilty leaving him behind knocked down or on a chair. Gah! (Y/N) slammed the pillow into her face. Why are feelings so difficult to understand? Do I see him as a friend or more? Please, just anyone tell me!

He is definitely one of your best friends!

But you are also definitely in love with Victor!

Oh, finally, there you guys are. I've missed having debates with you guys.

Hey! No debate is fun without Angel and me!

That's right, Devil. You always need multiple perspectives on any problem.

So what are we working with today?

Well, there are two perspectives here. You are infatuated, obsessed, completely enamored with this boy.

No, I'm not obsessed...

You think about this boy everyday!

And in many different ways, might I add. Ho-ho...

Ugh, no! That was one time and it's still embarrassing.

It's normal to imagine friends nude. That's very human.

Angel! Not helping!

Look, (Y/N), you do also see him as a very close friend and just that. However, think of his perspective now.

Victor... I did touch his cheek... did that come off as romantic?

We're not his Angel nor Devil.

But think about how red his face was! He obviously has feelings too!

Hold on, Devil. (Y/N), what else has he done today?

He shooed me out of his room when he woke up.

And you immediately left as soon as you could.

Well...

(Y/N), come to face your emotions. Ask him to dance at the party!

You could even get laid after!

Don't say that! I wouldn't force him into that situation!

What if he wanted to? Just ask him how he feels, and if he needs time to come out, let him.

Go for it, (Y/N)!!

Aha... thank you. I do feel more confident now.

Observe how he acts around you more. Get one of his close friends to ask him how he feels.

...Sure, Angel. Debate over.

The imaginary council of pleasant and intrusive thoughts came to an end, and (Y/N) now had a plan on how to confess to Victor or get Victor to confess to them.

LONG CHAPTER WOOOOOOOOO!! hope you enjoyed!!