6

Quick Note!; I wanted to add (Y/N) as having an audio sensory issue like I do.

(Y/N) woke to the noise emitting from outside their room. Must be everyone setting up for Christmas... I'll sleep a little longer...

"(Y/N)! Get up, the hunters came over to celebrate!" Mike barged into the room, denting the wall with the door knob.

"Mike! Don't open the door like that! I could have been undressed." (Y/N) pulled themself out of bed and pushed the bouncing ball of too much energy out of the room.

"Aha... my bad! Get ready though, Mary made a cake for all of us!" He skipped down the hall to wake up the next person.

The door closed and (Y/N) held their head in mild pain. Did he have to be so loud? My ears are still stinging. They got dressed and hoped the ringing would go away.

A gentle knock emerged through the stinging of (Y/N)'s ears.

(Y/N) opened the door to see Victor dressed in a christmas sweater (that wasn't an eyesore) and black slacks.

"You're already up and dressed?" (Y/N) giggled lightly at how cute Victor was in his sweater.

"It's noon, (Y/N)." Victor tilted his head in worry. "Did you go to bed late?"

"My brain was thinking too much to sleep, haha," (Y/N)'s head was still ringing, but quieter now that Victor was here with his calming voice. "I'm going to get dressed now."

"I'll wait for you." Victor closed the door by himself. Behind the door, he was squealing to himself just as much as (Y/N) was.

(Y/N) hurried to put on the outfit they prepared for today. (imagine whatever you want)

They opened the door to see Victor still there, waiting for them. It was a kind gesture, just enough to already make (Y/N)'s day.

"Everyone is in the foyer." They both walked together to join the christmas party.

"Happy Birthday, Victor!" almost everyone cheered in unison. William and Mike released party poppers close to Victor... close to (Y/N)'s sensitive ears.

"Ugh.." (Y/N)'s ringing ears started again. They cowered away from the loud party noises. William and Mike stood there, confused by (Y/N)'s actions.

"Are you alright? (Y/N)?" Victor tried to comfort (Y/N) but the ringing was to loud to hear an outside voice.

"Is this why they get scared when they fail calibrations on ciphers?" William was genuinely worried about (Y/N). They were fairly new, and most people haven't seen her play yet. Their ability isn't helpful (or) hard to play to the Baron, so she is rarely invited to a match.

"I'll help them. Y'all go enjoy the party." Emily stepped in and shooed away everyone crowding over.

The ringing was still loud and persistent.

"(Y/N)? Can you hear me?" Emily stood in front of (Y/N) with their head down. "Not responding... I'll take you to my clinic room, it'll be quieter there.

"We are in my room now, can you hear me?" (Y/N) still held their ears and bowed their head.

"Hmm. Let's try this." Emily took out her notepad and scribbled "Can you hear me? If not, let me know how to help you with this."

(Y/N) wrote: "My ears are ringing violently. I can't handle loud sounds as well as everyone else."

"I see, auditory sensory issue... I'll add that to your file."

The door opened quietly. "Emily? How are they?"

"Oh, they are having audio sensory overload. I'm just going to try to keep them distracted from the party."

"I'll stay with them. I want to help."

"But it's your birthday! You should be at your own party." Emily moved to the door to shove him out.

"I want to help my friend." Victor walked past the doctor and sat next to (Y/N). "Go enjoy Christmas."

"Alright. We'll save cake for you two." Emily closed the door behind her.

Victor noticed the notepad. He smiled, glad to write for (Y/N). He wrote; "How are you?" He handed them the notepad.

(Y/N) looked up, recognizing the sleeves of Victor's sweater and scribbled as fast as they could. "Victor why are you here?"

"I want to help you." He wrote calmly even though he was so worried about his friend.

(Y/N) tried to speak since the ringing was getting fainter by the second. "You should be celebrating your birthday."

Victor put his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "I'm more concerned with you."

(Y/N) sat in confused silence. Is this him showing he is really in love with me? I need to start speaking.

"Victor, can you take me to my room?" (Y/N) managed to mumble out.

"Of course." Victor reached for (Y/N)'s hands to help them stand.

"I'm fine standing." (Y/N) bowed their head even more at ground to conceal the growing blush.

"You aren't looking where you are going." Victor tilted (Y/N)'s chin up with a gentle hand.

(Y/N) couldn't form words to describe how this moment felt. Looking directly into Victor's eyes, with such adoration for him trying to help them. It wasn't much of a help that (Y/N) was getting overloaded by Victor.

"You look hot!" Victor pressed the back of his hand to (Y/N)'s forehead. "Do you need medicine?"

"No, no. I just need to be in my room now." (Y/N) walked out of Emily's clinic room and headed to their room while Victor followed like a lost puppy.

"Are you over heating?" Victor was still worrying about (Y/N) being sick now. "Is it my fault?"

Yes, it is your fault, dummy.

"Ah, no! If you aren't sick you don't have anything to spread to me." (Y/N) entered their room.

Victor followed in. "I see."

"Go sit on the bed and close your eyes." The blond meekly followed their orders while (Y/N) got out the flowers she planned to confess to Victor with. They held the bouquet behind their back and sat next to Victor. "I have something very important to tell you, Victor."