Part 14

Clarke POV:

I woke up late. The sun had already risen up in the sky and the light was seeping into the room. I looked at the time on my phone and school had already started and I was incredibly late. I started to panic a little before I turned around to see a sleeping Lexa Woods right next to me. I simply didn't care if I was late anymore. She looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake her so I just let her sleep.

I however got up, I got changed, I got some clothes for Lexa and cleared the mattress I had half brought into my room that I intended on sleeping on. That didn't really seem to work did it?

I walked over to the curtains and cracked them slightly to reveal the beautiful blue sky. It was breathtaking to look at so I pulled out my paper and started to sketch it. As I started to draw the skyline, I realized it started to look less like the view out the window and more like the sleeping girl right in front of me.

The way my pencil outlines her features, her body placement, and how it captured her beauty, even as she slept. I was almost done when she shifted in her sleep. A slight frown rolled onto my face because now, my drawing didn't match her position so I could no longer finish it.

I put my pencil down and got up out of my chair. Just then, Lexa's breathing pace started to pick up as she shifted from her side to her back. Her head was making slight movements back and forth to the sides and her breathing was faster now.

I sat on the bed next to her with my hands on her shoulders, slightly shaking her. I was trying to wake her up, I knew she was dreaming. "Lexa wake up!" "It's ok" I repeated as I started to shake her a little harder. Her eyes shot open and she pulled herself up to a sitting position.

"Hey it's ok" I told her as she started to calm down a little bit. "It's just a dream," I said, rubbing my hand over her back. "It wasn't just a dream" Lexa said running her hands over her face and into her long brown hair. I had positioned myself so I was closer to her, her green eyes were inches away from my face. Even in the midst of her nightmare, she was still the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

Lexa POV:

I had woken up to Clarke sitting on the bed next to me, rubbing my back as she said "it's just a dream." I knew that, but the contents of the dream were very real, they were memories. Her curious blue eyes looked at my green ones, her eyes were so comforting. "Was it the same as the last one?" She asked me. I nodded my head in response.

"Yesterday was the anniversary of my mother's death," I said quietly as I looked down at my hands. I don't know why I just blurted that out. "Oh" she said, she clearly wasn't ready for me to say that.

"That's why my dad was so bad, he blames me for it and that's why I almost-" I stopped myself before I finished. "it is my fault she's gone" I said releasing a big breath from my lungs. I could feel the tears building up behind my eyes. "Hey, it's not your fault" Clarke said, giving me a reassuring look.

"It is, I had to go to school that day, and I was being annoying because I didn't want to go. I was running around the house screaming, trying to waste time so I could stay home. We were running late because of my tantrum. She put me in the car, and she was even late for work and the whole ride I complained. She turned back to look at me and then we were hit." I said, looking anyplace but her eyes right now because one glacé in the baby blue eyes and I knew I would fall apart.

"I was the one who made us late, I was distracting her, and I was the one who should've died" I said, letting the pent up tears fall down my face.

"Hey, look at me." She said puting her hands around my cheeks, like she has so many times before. "It's not your fault, and you shouldn't have died. Your mom wouldn't want that ok" she said.

She made me feel so safe and special around her, like I really mattered in this fucked up world I live in.

"Wait what time is it?" I looked at the clock she had on her desk. 10:31. "Wait, we have school," I said frantically trying to get out of the bed. "I know, we are not going," she said, stopping my movements with a laugh.

"Wow, Clarke Griffin, skipping school" I said, my mood instantly better. She threw some clothes at me saying "shut up, and go shower" with a smile on her face. My heart leaped at her smile. God she was gorgeous.

I got out of the shower, my body burning from last night. I looked into the mirror to look at my chest, the bruises were a deep shade of purple. I didn't realize how badly beaten my face was until I saw it. How did Clarke look at me and smile? I cringed when I saw it.

Then the cut that Clarke had patched up on my cheek started to bleed, the blood had dropped to my chest. I threw on a sports bra and went to go find Clarke. I put my hand over my face to try and stop the bleeding. I walked into her room, with a pair of jeans on and a sports bra.

She was laying on her bed looking at her phone. I stood in her doorway and she looked up at me, her eyes widened as she saw me standing there. It's clear to say she didn't expect me to walk in without a shirt on. "Uh- hey Lexa" she managed to spit out, still staring at me.

I removed my hand to reveal my bloody cheek and hand, "you can stare all you want but will you help me stop the bleeding first?" I told her laughing. With a smile on her face, she got up quickly and got the stuff she needed.

In order to see my cheek in the light, I had to sit in her chair facing the window, because of the awkward positioning, Clarke had to straddle me, her knees penetrating the side of the chair on either side of my body.

I couldn't do anything but stay there, quietly as Clarke's gentille, delicate fingers patched up my cut. She placed a small bandaid over it to prevent anymore bleeding, she delicately rubbed my cheek as she finished. Speaking of hands, I had know clue what to do with mine.they just awkwardly hung by my side.

Her eyes meeting mine, her golden hair fell over her face, near my brown hair. My eyes quickly glanced over to her lips. Habit I guess. She cleared her throat and got off of my lap and said, "we should get going."

"Right, wait, where are we going?" I asked, confused as I spun in the chair to face her. She just looked at me, grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. The way her hand held onto mine, the way she pulled me in her direction sent heat waves coursing through my body.

We pulled up to the beach of all places, I wasn't complaining though. I always kinda liked the beach. Clarke met me on my side of the car, her hand finding mine as it did before we had gotten in the car, she was leading me. It was very hot if I do say so myself.

She pulled me up to a bench that hung to the back of the sand, but your feet would still be covered if you put them down. She sat down and I sat next to her. "I come here almost every morning to draw the sunset," Clarke told me, looking out over the water.

"Of course, except for the morning I saw you. I was pulled in a different direction, I had wanted to try a different spot. I had found that place a while back and I didn't know anyone knew about it. So of course, when I go there, I find you." She said, letting out a breath.

"You know, that was the first time I had been to that spot in forever too. That previous night, I had left my house, and I ran. I had no idea where I was going, but I was brought to that spot." I turned to her now, "it's like we were brought together" I told her as she turned to look at me, "I guess we were."

The wind blew slightly in our faces, moving Clarke's beautiful golden blonde hair back, her blue eyes shining from the sky, and the sun reflecting off her soft skin. We were staring at each other, capturing every feature in each other, we started to lean in, both our faces moving closer together. Our lips were about to touch when I heard a voice call out.

"LEXA?!"