Part 47

Narrator POV:

Lexa quietly opened the door to her childhood house that she new all to well, down to every knick on the floor.

She could hear muffled voices talking from further in the house but couldn't quite see them. She took a few steps forward, trying to be quiet to get a better look before her next step sent a loud creak through the house and Lexa knew in that moment that it was over.

She was done for.

Her dad came from the side of her body and grabbed her aggressively and tightly so she was trapped under his powerful grip. He pinned down her arms so she couldn't fight before viciously dragging her to the living room.

Clarke.

She was there.

He threw Lexa to the ground next to her. "Are you ok?" Lexa immediately asked Clarke as she looked her up and down, head to toe to make sure she was ok.

"Lexa what's going on?" Clarke begged frantically. She was crying and shaking and freaking out.

"Clarke, listen to me," Lexa said, trying to calm the blonde down. "Are you ok?" She asked again, in a calmer voice. "Yes I'm ok," Clarke said and Lexa let out a sigh of relief.

Lexa turned back to her dad who was currently pointing a gun at her face. And the day keeps getting better.

"You should have known better than to try and sneak in here Alexandria," he said, with a faint and boasting smirk. Lexa didn't say anything, just looked at him with cold and dead eyes.

Lexa tried to stand up and face him but he just hit her in the face with the back of his knuckles. Hard. Knocking her back to the floor. She tried again and he hit her again. Repeatedly.

Every time Lexa was hit, Clarke flinched, trying to look away but she couldn't. She needed to know Lexa was still breathing, even if she had to watch.

Lexa was now bleeding from her nose and the blood seeped into her mouth so blood covered her teeth.

She threw a sloppy punch with her left hand, which was odd because she was right handed, and he caught it. Her fist was resting in his larger hand as his other one hit her elbow really hard and sent a loud crack through the air. Lexa cried out in pain at it.

"Stop it," Clarke finally yelled, pleading to him at the sight and piercing sound of Lexa's scream. Both their attention turned to her now.

"Clarke no," Lexa said but she couldn't get up again, against all her efforts, her body betrayed her.

Her dad focused on the blonde now. This was Lexa's worst nightmare. He walked over so he was standing directly in front of Clarke.

"I thought you were smarter than that Alexandria. You tried to sneak in and out smart me but now you have to watch me hurt the woman you love," her father said with a wicked grin, staring at Clarke.

Lexa started to chuckle now and her father and Clarke looked at her confused.

"What's so funny?" Her dad barked at her as his anger level grew at the confusion.

"It's funny because I do think I am smarter than you," Lexa said as she spit blood from her mouth onto the floor at his feet.

"How is that so?" Her father said, stepping closer to her as if he wanted desperately at cut her throat out at every word.

"You think stepping on that squeaky floorboard was an accident? I know this house upside down and backwards. I know what stairs not to step on to be quiet, I know how far to twist the doorknob before it clicks, I know the exact pressure to pull the door on before it makes any noise. And I also know every floorboard in this house and the sound it makes. It wasn't an accident I stepped on that one. I did it on purpose." Lexa said with a wide grin as she glared back into his eyes.