Part 43

Lexa POV:

It was Friday afternoon and our friends would be coming over in about an hour or so. Luna and Raven went into their room to do god knows what. Well, I have somewhat of an idea because let's just say, neither of them are quiet that's for sure.

All my injuries were healing nicely as far as I could tell but Clarke was helping out and checking up on them when Abby was at work. I honestly think she just wanted an excuse to make me take off my shirt, but that is just me. I liked to thinks that's why at least.

"Hey Lexa, come here I want to check your cuts before everyone else gets here," Clarke said and I got up from where I was sitting and walked over into the kitchen where Clarke was.

I slid my shirt off over my head, much easier than I had the past couple of days, and Clarke began to walk around my body to inspect the cuts and bruises. She lifted the bandages off of each one and ran her finger over it.

I got the chill at the soft touch of her fingers in my skin and tried to mask the effect it had on me.

She walked back over so she was standing in front of me but her finger was tracing over my skin until it got to where my giant bruise sat over my abdomen.

"Well everything looks good except for this," she said, with her finger still on me, gently laying against the purple and blue skin. My skin was burning under her finger and I hoped she couldn't feel the heat rising.

"It's not that bad, is it?" I asked, general concerned and looking down at it. "I'm not exactly sure, it's just not healing as fast as it should be," Clarke said, finally removing her finger from my skin. Thank god, I don't know how much longer I would have been able to go on.

I let out a little breath after she did and my muscles relaxed slightly.

"You have quite the scars Ms. Woods," Clarke said as a smile crawled across her face at the way she said my name. "Yeah," I said with a defeated smile that faded quickly. "What?" Clarke asked as she saw my face fall.

"It's nothing, it just means that when I do have to take my shirt off in front of other people again, they will always be there so I will always have a reminder of what happened and I don't really want to be reminded of all that happened," I said as I brought a hand to my head to cover my face.

"Hey, look at me," Clarke said as she moved my hands from my face so I was looking into her deep blue eyes.

"Your scars are beautiful, and it doesn't have to be a reminder of all the bad that happened, it can be a reminder that you survived," Clarke said with her hands on my cheeks.

Her eyes were so pure and hopeful. I didn't know what to say after that so I just stood there, looking at the gorgeous girl in front of me.

I scanned her face for her emotions but my eyes got glued to her soft pink lips. I placed my hand on her cheek and slowly leaned in a little.

I saw her make to same movements but right before our lips touched I pulled away and took a step back, my heart racing faster than ever before.

"I-I'm sorry Clarke I shouldn't have done that," I said, not able to make eye contact with the blonde girl in front of me. She didn't say anything so I kept going.

"My dad, he- he would kill you if he found out and I would rather die than let that happen." I said as I finally looked at the girl. But not in the eyes, I avoided those as best I can because I feared I wouldn't be able to resist kissing her this time.

"I refuse to put your life at risk for my selfishness Clarke. I told you I would take the bullet for you, and I will, I always will but I will not aim the gun at your head," I said as my eyes found my way to hers.