Part 54

Lexa POV:

"Lexa Woods please report to the principal's office, Lexa Woods please report to the principal's office," a voice on the intercom said.

We both looked up at the ceiling at the announcement. "I guess you're off the hook," I said as I grabbed my bag and walked past her, out the door. I walked into the office and the lady at the front desk motioned me to the principal's office.

"Ms. Woods?" He said as I walked in. "Principal Jaha," I said back as I sat in the chair in front of his desk.

"Do you know why you are here Ms. Woods?" He asked. "I have an idea," I said with a smirk but he didn't look amused.

"You have been in many fights over the years Ms. Woods. Today, you picked a fight with a new student," he said as he put his hands together and rested them on his desk. "I didn't pick the fight, I ended it," I clarified and I made the same motion as him, mirroring his position.

"Do I need to call your parents to come and get you?" Principal Jaha said, trying to be authoritative and I couldn't help but laugh. "You can try," I said and he looked confused.

"You don't think they will answer?" He said in question and I laughed more. "God I hope not," I said laughing and he still looked at me confused.

She picked up his phone and dialed a number from the student contact sheet. I heard the ringing before there was a click.

"This is the Polis Police department, how can I help you?" A voice said on the line and his face went blank and I smirked. He hung up the phone and turned back to me.

"So your father is in prison, is that why you start so many fights?" She said and I laughed some more.

"No, no," I said as I sat up in my chair. "He's not in jail, and believe me, and he is not the reason I get into fights," I said. "So how can I contact them then?" He asked, putting the phone down and looking at me.

"You can't," I responded. "Ms. Woods, I need it for emergencies," he said. "I don't think you understand. You can't contact them because both of my parents are dead. I am 18 and don't need a legal guardian so NO, you do not need a number," I said bitterly and his face fell. "I'm sorry to hear that," he said with fake sympathy. I hated it.

"Don't apologize," I said, I didn't want his fake sincerity. "Regardless, you still had a physical altercation with a fellow student," he said as he removed his hands from his desk and crossed them.

"I'm going to stop you right there." I said as I adjusted my seating. "I am not a particularly violent person, without reason so to speak. However, when a student calls me a bitch then proceeds to throw sloppy punches at me, I am going to defend myself. I don't pick fights, I stand up for myself and for other people." I said and he went quiet as I saw him look at me with a surprised face.

"I will not be put into that stereotype of the weak, helpless girl. I am not that person. I will not let a man out of everyone, call me offensive names. I won't let him call anyone names." I said. He went to speak again but I cut him off.

"No. That man, he started this. Why am I the one in here? Is it because I am a 'helpless girl?' Is it because you can't think a girl would be able to take out a guy like that without having an advantage? Like I said before, I am not a violent person without being provoked. I ended that fight before he hurt anyone and I would do it again if it meant I was protecting someone. So, if you want to punish me for defending myself against an arrogant man, go for it. But otherwise, I will be on my way," I said as I grabbed my bag and stood up.

I opened the door to leave when he finally spoke. "Ms. Woods?" He said, twisting in his chair to face the door. "Yes," I said as I looked back. "Have a nice day," he said with a smile. I smiled back and nodded my head before leaving his office.