cincuenta y ocho- long lived

Leyla's pov

Leyla's pov

4 years later

"Asesina?" i hear someone enter my room.

"Yes?" I finally look up from my vanity mirror to see Antonio standing there.

"Me and a few of the guys are going to pick up Spooky. The rest are staying here to get ready for the party."

"Okay. Well I better get going too. Dont want to keep cuchillos waiting." i smile. "But i'll see you later tonight."

I was having a meeting with Cuchillos about what will happen now that Spooky is back from prison.

The 4 years he's been gone i have taken over the Santos. He was supposed to be our leader. But since he took the fall i figured i'd step into his place until he comes back.

But Cuchillos loves how i've taken this job. Any job she had me do I would do it. No questions asked.

She's been wanting to talk about me being the official leader even if Spooky is out. But i know that wouldn't sit well with Oscar.

I've mentioned it a few times i've visited him in prison. He wasn't very fond of my leading ways.

He's just mad that i was able to make the Prophets weak.

I've created a real meaning for the Santos. We actually are the protectors of our people.

We keep people safe, and they respect us.

Our enemies fear us, have hatred, but not enough to retaliate.  They know better now.

Before the party

"Hey Cesar." i smile at the teenage boy as he got home from Ruby's house.

"Is he here yet?" His eyes glowed as he walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"Not yet. My brother said they're almost here."

"Okay. Im gonna go change." He pulled away and went to his room.

I spent recent years taking Cesar under my wing.

Oscar was the one person he had. So i did what i had to do. I helped raise him. The other boys helped as well. They all looked at Cesar as a little brother.

He's starting high school now. He's all grown up, turning into a real man.

When he was 13 i finally told him what had happened with Oscar. Why he was locked up.

I was afraid to tell him because i thought he would hate me for getting his brother locked up. But i actually made us a lot closer.

After I told him the story he said he understood what Oscar did. That he would sacrifice his life to save someone he loved.

I feel like raising Cesar really helped mellow me out a bit. I'll be the first to admit that running to Prophet territory and killing Damien wasn't the brightest idea. But it led up to this moment. I know for a fact that my family is safe now.

I'd do anything to protect the one thing Oscar cherishes the most, Cesar.

I even made a bank account for Cesar without him knowing. He would always come to me crying about how his friends are going to leave Freeridge and leave him here. And that he'll never get to achieve his dreams as a architect.

It was only 9 months ago he told me he want to save up for UCLA.

From that day forward i opened up a secret account and any extra money i had that didnt go towards the bills went into that account.

I want Cesar to get out of here. Explore the world. I know that this life is for me, but that doesnt mean the same for everyone else.

"Leyla! He's here." Vincent called out as he set set down a few cases of beer.

I nodded my head and fixed myself up real quick while waiting until he walked inside.

—sweeteasaint