treinta- awkward phase

Leyla's pov

Leyla's pov

"You guys are doing a good job on your project. I'm surprised." Mr. Morella (physics teacher) smiled at Oscar and I.

I glanced at Oscar as he grinned at the teacher.

"Will it be completed by Friday?" He questioned.

"Yeah we're almost done." I cleared my throat as he nodded then walked away.

"He really likes you huh?" I scoff.

"Yeah for once i have a teacher that doesn't get me in trouble all the time." Oscar rubbed the back of his head. He looked really interesting with no hair.

It kinda suited him.

"Unlike Mr. Stewart." I mentioned.

"Yeah fuck that dude." He leaned back into his seat and looked at me.

"This is the first time we talked in years." He brought up.

"It was just a couple months." I shake my head at him as i analyzed out assignment.

"So you keeping track?" He smirked at me which earned him a glare.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes at him as i checked the time.

"No but forreal. I'm just glad that we can finally talk and not hate each other. Well i mean you hating me. Me being nice."

"Just be quiet." I stood up from my stool.

The bell rang and everyone was speeding out the door.

"Lets just think of this as a clean slate. Okay?" I glanced at him before heading out the classroom.

"Thats all i ever wanted." He put his arm around me.

"Uhhh." I pushed his arm off my shoulders. "We're acquaintances."

"Shit my bad." He laughed.

"We're buddies." I nudged him.

"Hey guys. The homies are tryna smoke in the back of the gym you comin?" My brother and Jocelyn walked up to us.

"You wanna go?" Oscar looked over at me.

"Uhh sure." I shrugged as we all ended up heading to the back of the gym.

There was a set of old bleachers they used for baseball but they got new ones so they put this one in the back.

Stupidest idea they could've ever thought of.

We all sat on the bleachers and just smoked joints during lunch.

I was happy to see Martín hanging out with the group again.

"Hey how you been?" Jocelyn sat next to me.

"Good how about you?" I smiled at her as she wrapped herself in my brothers jacket.

"Im doing great." She nodded her head.

This is kinda awkward.

She passed her joint to me and i just took a few hits from it then giving it back.

Then i looked over to see all the guys just talking. I was obviously eavesdropping. They were talking shit about Damien and the other prophets at this school.

Lame.

"Yeah so we should totally have a girls night. Ya know? To catch up." She suggested.

"Yeah. That'd be cool."

"Hey Jocelyn come here." I heard Antonio call her.

She handed me the joint. Then they walked off. They were going to go make out in the dugout. I already knew it.

"Hey." I watched Oscar sit next to me.

"Hey." I exhaled and watched all the smoke.

"I'm having a party at my place. You tryna go?"

"Sure." I shrug. Its not like i was doing anything.

"Cool." He smiled at me as i passed him the joint.

"Cool?" I laugh.

"Yup."

Why are we so awkward?

—spookysblock

Stoopid