2. Banishment

Percy POV

I regretted the decision of leaving pretty quickly. Wherever I went, hordes of monsters followed. I even got to meet my old friend Minotaur once more.

All monsters were easy to defeat, but there were LOTS of them. I was tired because I couldn't stay in the same place for too long. I couldn't go to my mums' apartment because I'd just attract monsters and she wouldn't be able to protect herself because she's pregnant. It has been two weeks since I left.

Currently, I'm trying to find a place to spend the night, but I heard some noises. I walked through the dark alleyway and almost run into Kelly. She hissed and lunged at me. The second later there was just a pile of dust. I didn't even realize that I uncapped Riptide. 

A while later I found a nice place on the beach. I just lay there thinking and looking at the stars.

''Bob says hello'' I whispered and drifted into the realm of Morpheus.

--- le time skip ---

I woke up to the sound of rustling. I immediately bolted up, Riptide in my hand. In front of me stood a large hellhound. By far the largest one I have ever seen. It was staring at me with its' beady red eyes. I saw its' hind legs tense. Suddenly, it lunged at me. I quickly killed it with one swift motion of my trusty sword, Riptide. I decided that it's time to move again.

--- Bob the time skip ---

I was walking along the seashore for a few hours when suddenly a silver arrow sailed alarmingly close to my head and embedded itself in the sand a few meters in front of me. I quickly turned around but couldn't see anybody.

''This is very bad'' I thought. With huntresses hunting me, I wouldn't last very long. I needed to quickly escape. But while I was still thinking I heard a sound ''pop'' behind me. That meant only one thing. Somebody flashed behind me. I slowly turned around and found myself face to face with Artemis.

''To what do I owe this pleasure, M'Lady?'' I asked her.

''Lord Zeus seeks your presence on Olympus'' she answered.

Then without any warning she grabbed my arm and flashed us. Once the light died down I looked around and realized that I am in the throne room. I just rolled my eyes and stood there waiting for the meeting to start.

After a few minutes of awkward silence and gods staring at me, I got nervous.

''Why am I here?'' I  asked Zeus. I was annoyed and was tempted to leave them but I was curious to hear what Drama Queen had to tell me.

''Perseus Jackson'' Zeum boomed. I winced when I heard my full name but remained quiet.

''You were summoned here because it came to my attention that you have grown too powerful, you could overthrow us. Because of that, it is the best  to banish you from Earth.'' I just stood there my mouth hanging open. I didn't expect this. Hell, I expected that he will offer me godhood once more, but not this.

Everything was quiet for a few seconds, then all hell broke loose. Poseidon started shouting at Zeus, Hestia was furious and that was really rare sight to see, Hades backed up Poseidon along with Apollo and Artemis.

After a few more minutes of screaming and shouting, I cleared my throat, and when it didn't work I embedded Riptide in the marble floor and caused an earthquake. Everybody looked at me.

''Are you done?'' I said in a bored voice.

When nobody answered me I continued my rant.

''Well, now that I have your attention, I want you all to ask yourselves one question. What is my fatal flaw?'' the throne room stayed silent.

''My fatal flaw is personal loyalty. I saved you two times! I led two wars for you! I won countless battles for you and this is how you repay me?!'' I was yelling now.

''How can you even think of me betraying you. I'm pretty sure that my fatal flaw keeps me from doing that. For me, it is physically impossible to betray you!'' I rambled.

''SILENCE!'' Zeus boomed once more.

''All in favor of banishing Perseus Jackson from Earth?'' He said raising his hand.

I watched in horror as hands raised to the air. Every god except my father, the twin archers, Hades, and Hestia raised their hand.

''Well, it's decided then,'' Zeus said with a smug look on his face. ''Perseus Jackson is to be banished. Any last words, hero?'' he looked genuinely happy.

I stood with my back straight and said: ''Ok, you made your decision and I see that you won't change your mind about that. But when you will be in another war, don't come looking for me. I want you to remember this decision and this day because I will never help you again. You betrayed me and you lost my trust.'' when I finished my little speech, Zeus looked slightly paler than usual.

''Well then'' he said shooting an orb of light at me. The last thing I saw was my father trembling with rage and Hestia screaming. Then I blacked out.