5. Second chance

There was a bright flash of light. When it died down, I gasped, tears of happiness rolling down my cheeks.

Percy POV

I was so happy, yet sad at the same time. I was happy to see all of them again, but sad because a wave of guilt crashed over me again. They all died because of me. They all died too young. None of them deserved to die. Luke was just brainwashed. He died a hero. But I could've prevented it. All of it. Just if I tried harder.

All of them stood right in front of me with shock and confusion visible on their faces. The first to speak was Luke.

''Percy! What's happening? Where are we? Who is that?'' He asked pointing to Chaos.

''Dude, it's rude to point.'' Said Charles. Silena giggled. Luke just rolled his eyes and looked at me questioningly along with others. I opened my mouth but nothing wouldn't come out. I felt so many emotions at the same time that I was utterly lost. Fortunately, Chaos spoke.

''I'm Chaos the Creator. Percy became the commander of my army. I gave him a chance to resurrect some of his friends that he trusted to became his own team. You can accept, you can decline. The choice is yours. If you accept it, you'll get my blessing and live and train here for a while. My blessing also includes partial immortality like the hunters of Artemis. You can still die in combat. After your training, you'll be sent on missions to help those in need and fight evil spreading. So, will you accept my offer?''

The first ones to accept were Luke and Ethan. They said that they realized their mistakes and that they'll like to have a second chance. Chaos blessed them. Then Charles and Silena stepped forward together.

''We accept.'' They said smiling.

The others accepted too. I was relieved. I was happy. When everybody received the blessing, Chaos led us to a huge room with tons of games, food, comfy armchairs, and other things your average living room would have.

Once everyone sat down, questions began.

''What happened on Earth? Why are you here? Did you die too? How is Annabeth? What happened to you? Why do you have wings? ...''

''Ok, Ok calm down,'' I said.

''Now answers. I didn't die. As for what happened on Earth...''

They sat there listening. I spoke for hours. I explained everything. Both wars, all of the quests, Annabeth cheating on me, my banishment, and finally what Chaos told me when I first arrived here.

They were furious.

''How dare they do that to you? You saved them all! What else did they except from you?'' Michael yelled frustrated.

My shoulders slumped. I didn't know either. The others started yelling and cursing the gods too.

''Guys, calm down. What's done is done. we can't change that. Let's rather focus on the future. The training starts tomorrow''

Some of them were still angry but all of them headed to their rooms which Chaos showed us earlier. Luke and Ethan stayed behind.

''Look, Percy.'' Luke started. ''It's not like I'm not happy that I'm back but why?''

I understood what he meant. I took a deep breath and started explaining.

''You both fought for what you thought was right. You just chose the wrong way to accomplish your goal. Both of you deserved a second chance.''

As soon as I finished speaking, Luke lunged forward and pulled me into a bear hug.

"Thank you." He said.

"Can we be friends again?"

"Of course."

Ethan stood awkwardly watching us.

"I'd like to become friends with you too," I told him.

"Me too." He said with a grin on his face. We shook hands and all three of us headed towards our bedrooms with smiles on our faces. That day the three of us became inseparable. We became best friends and nothing could change that.

-----

Little did they know that certain somebody was planning revenge on them.