6. New mission

--- Time skip 5000 Chaos years --- (One year on earth is 1000 years on Chaos planet.)

Thalia POV

It has been 5 years since Kelp head has gone missing. The only thing that we know for sure is that he's alive because his soul isn't in the underworld. It has been five years since I lost my cousin. It has been five years since he left without a word. It has been five years since we read his letter. It has been five years since we all turned against Annabeth. It has been five years since we started looking for him.

''Hunters! Today we are going to Camp Half-blood.'' Artemis said.

Everybody started shouting. Nobody wanted to go back. Since Percy left, Annabeth became camp leader but she brainwashed young campers. She told them bad things about Percy. I and the other older campers knew the truth but the younger ones, sadly, believed her. Chiron tried to stop rumors but failed. Campers respected Annabeth or were simply too scared of her.

Since Percy disappeared oceans became dark and restless. They resembled his fathers' sadness. He changed. He doesn't come to Olympus as often as he used to. The other gods, even Zeus, are concerned for him. They think that he'll soon fade.

We searched for Percy everywhere but it's like he just vanished.

Zeus even apologized. He said that he realized he made a great mistake banishing him and send multiple search parties. Even some gods agreed to help in the search.

But still, we couldn't find him.

-----

Percy POV

It has been an eventful 5000 years. We went on countless missions together. We grew closer than real family. Bianca and Lee have gotten married 4000 years ago. Zoe and Ethan a few years later. Both couples are really happy. Charles and Silena have gotten married a few days after Chaos brought them back. They said that they'll be together forever. That they already lost one chance and that they sure as hell won't lose another one as well. They have three kids. Zoe and Ethan also have a kid. Bianca and Lee have two kids. Michael and Castor are dating.

Luke and I are still single. We are still best friends. I'm currently having a swordfight with him. We are still arguing who is the better swordsman. Chaos says our skills are on the same level.

I saw an opening and prepared to lunge at him when Chaos's voice rang in my head. You see, there is this very annoying thing where he can mentally message me. Me and my team have the same ability.

Percy, bring your team and come to my office. I have a new mission for you.

Normally, I'd be happy because we haven't gone on any missions for a while now and we were getting bored but he sounded worried. And Chaos barely worries.

''Guys Chaos said to meet him in his office,'' I called out.

''Oh, come on!'' Luke groaned. ''Can't we finish the fight?''

''No,'' I said in the most serious voice I could muster. ''Lukey poo'' A grin spread across my face.

''Hey!'' He yelled and started chasing me. We ran through countless corridors, the rest of the team behind us.

I was running too fast and I wasn't able to stop in time. I ran straight into the door leading to Chaos' office. The door slammed open and I faceplanted. Luke was just inches behind me and was running too, so he wasn't able to stop either. He tripped and fell on top of me.

Chaos looked at us shocked but my team was laughing on the floor.

''So what's this new mission about?'' I asked dusting myself off when Luke finally stopped squishing me under him.

Chaos shifted on his chair uneasily.

''You're not going to like it. The mission's on Earth. Gaea is rising again with giants. And you need to help stop them.''

Luke POV

Percy just stared at him dumbfounded. I couldn't believe that he is sending him back. We all knew how much he hated the gods and campers for betrayal.

''But you promised! You promised me I'll never need to return there again! For them, it has been just five years. Hell, they're probably still searching for me. I can't go back.'' I barely heard the last part of his rant. He switched from screaming to whispering in two seconds. I understood him. I was also very concerned. He started crying.

Percy never cried.

I slowly walked up to him and hugged him. I could see he needed that. He was my best friend and he was hurt. Of course, I'll help him.

''I'll transport you to the throne room tomorrow.''

He said that as he handed each of us a cloak with a hood. Each cloak was pitch black except Percys. His cloak had a sea-green hood.

''Those hoods are enchanted so just you, another person from your team or me can remove it. If you want to reveal your identity to campers, you can, but it's best if enemies don't know who you are."

"Now go pack your bags and be ready for tomorrow. Meet me in the portal room quarter to 12." Chaos said clearly hinting that he won't change his mind about this matter.

--- time skip ---

Percy POV

We're all standing in the portal room waiting for Chaos to show up to transport us to Olympus. I'm nervous. I don't know what will happen there. I don't want to see Annabeth ever again.

Chaos suddenly walked into the room.

''Great! It's five minutes to twelve. I hope you packed everything you'll need.''

We waited in awkward silence for five more minutes.

''It's noon. Prepare yourself!'' With that, he flashed us to the throne room.

---

''Who dares interrupt the council of gods!?'' Zeus boomed standing up from his throne.