10. A twin

Percy POV

The identity reveal yesterday was great. All other members of the Chaos army were catching up with their siblings, chatting and laughing. We stayed up till the early morning hours. I was the only one that noticed that something's off about Annabeth. Like she's planning something.

I also didn't realize until now, but all older campers looked the same as when I left. So I decided to ask somebody about that. I was walking around camp and spotted a familiar death-pale skin. Nico.

I felt sorry. I could've at least talk to him before I left, but I just forgot. I know that no number of excuses can cover up that mistake. And the worst thing was the fact that my old feelings for him resurfaced. You see, I liked Nico, but I didn't do anything about it because of the age difference and the fact that I was everybody's hero. I needed to be perfect.

And I doubt that everybody would see me as their hero if they found out I was gay.

Ok, I wasn't completely gay, I was bi. I still am. But I just couldn't push myself to come out. I knew that some people would be supportive, but I also knew that the majority won't so I just continued as nothing happened.

Now when I think of it, I haven't seen Will anywhere. I'll ask Chiron what's that about. As I walked towards Nico, he disappeared into the shadows. Great. Then I'll go to Chiron and ask him about Will.

--- time skip ---

"Chiron!" I called out to get old centaurs' attention. It worked and he turned around. "I need to ask you something. Can we go to the Big house?"

"Of course." He answered.

When we were seated in comfortable chairs, or at least I was, and Chiron was in his magical wheelchair, he asked me:

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I saw that all older campers look exactly the same, and it has been five years. And also where is Will? I haven't seen him anywhere." The look of sorrow crossed his face.

"After your disappearance, gods granted all cabin counselors and everyone important partial immortality. Like Hunters of Artemis. As for Will, he died."

I couldn't believe it. So that's why Nico was more moody than usual.

"When? Why? Who?" I asked. I took a deep, shaky breath and asked him:

"What happened?"

"Will was walking in the woods and he saw a new camper coming in. He was followed by quite a lot of monsters. He was able to protect the boy but sadly nobody got there in time. Nico was the one to find him. The poor boy wasn't the same ever since." He answered sadly.

"Percy, I need to tell you one more thing. I should've told you this yesterday but the dinner came and you left and then later just wasn't the time to tell you this. You have a twin."

"What!" I yelled. I was happy but confused. Why did nobody tell me this?

"When your mother was pregnant, she was pregnant with twins. The doctors told her that the other baby died. Something was off about that, but soon she didn't have much time to investigate more. She had you and as time passed the other baby didn't come across her mind much. But it turns out that she was very much alive. She survived on her own all those years and came to the camp a little bit after your disappearance. You have a twin sister."

''Wh-What?'' I stuttered.

''Yes. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but-'' He didn't finish the sentence because we heard the conch horn signaling the attack.