18.Departure

I decided to worry about all that tomorrow.

-----

Percy POV

Well, the tomorrow came and I can't say that I'm happy or excited. I just have this feeling of dread. No matter how much I think about the prophecy, I always come to some depressing conclusion.

But at least I have Nico on my side now. We are currently going through the plans and supplies for one last time. I also saw Annabeth's kid earlier. She's creepy and I'm 100% sure that she isn't my child but Annabeth's still spreading the rumors around. I don't particularly care because we're going back to Chaos planet when we're done with all this crap.

I'm already mentally exhausted and the quest didn't even start. I wonder how this will go.

--- time skip ---

Everything is packed and all four of us are ready to go. We boarded the ship. Luckily, the ship's mechanisms are all working perfectly so it rose in the sky on the first try. Postponing this journey wouldn't do us any good.

We flew like that, in the silence, for some time. When I decided that we most likely aren't going to be attacked in the next fifteen minutes, I went to the dining/living room and found the other three already there.

''Ok, let's go through the prophecy once more,'' I said. They groaned. I understood them, I truly did, we already went through the prophecy countless times, but I wanted us to succeed. 

''The twins of the sea shall go on a quest
To find a lost one in the sea.
They shall go with two companions more
To answer the hearts' silent plea.

They will find love once more
This time it shall be forever,
If they will be betrayed
They will be gone for better.

Son of Underworld and the hero who betrayed
Shall accompany them to the worlds' end.

The girl who loved shall be betrayed once more,
Of four just three will come back home.

New friends will be made,
Even the ones who shall surprise you the most.

The blessed daughter of old rival shall be lost.

Sacrifice to save the Earth shall be made,
The choice nobody will be able to stand.

With the wrong choice
Hope shall be lost,
With the right choice
They shall win but at a great cost.''

After an hour-long discussion of the prophecy, we decided it's time to go to sleep because we started the journey at sundown.

''I'll take the first watch,'' I said. Estelle and Luke basically vanished from the room as soon as the words left my mouth, but Nico stayed. We shared a few quick kisses until it became cold so he went inside. Despite everything, I felt happy.

Or as happy as a man can be on a quest that has 25% of you ending dead by the end. I just prayed to all gods that it will be a calm night.