Step Seventeen: You Step Up

Step Seventeen:You Step Up

Merida didn't even flinch as the blade was pressed against her throat. Instead she looked into Stoicks eyes. The man who was the father of the boy she loved. Looking at this man she wouldn't have guessed that he was related to Hiccup.

There wasn't a resembles, atleast not one she could see. Her blue eyes onces wild seemed wises now. Even though her head was filled with nothing. She felt nothing, simply numb. Her heart didn't pound, and she didn't shake with fear.

Because for onces in her life she was just a shell. The cold metal pressed into her skin. She waited for it to me over with but Stoick didn't seem to move he just stood there waiting. "If yer waiting fer me ta tell ye a excuses for why ye shouldn't kill ah me, ay 'ave none," Merida spoke quietly.

She felt the blade leave her throat and watched as the viking raised it above his head. Closing her eyes she waited for it. Death, pain, which ever would come first. Instead she found herself being shoved to the ground.

She layed there for a minute before looking up to see who had pushed her. Hiccup stood there holding his now bleeding arm. It took a minute to realize what he just done. He looked at Merida who looked shocked.

Everyone stood around gasping at what there future chief had just done. "I won't let you kill her," Hiccup spoke looking at his father.

"Hiccup what do you think your doing?" Astrid exclaimed walking up next to grabbing the vikings bleeding arm.

He shoved her away slightly shaking his head, "This isn't necessary, she never did anything to us," He says mainly to his father.

"We've been at war with Scotland for years!" The Chief said, "They have took a lot from us."

"And we done the same with them, killing her won't prove anything!" Hiccup yelled.

"Son im Chief I know whats right for my clan," Stoick says.

Hiccup ran his hand through his hair laughing dryly, "Whats fighting dragons right for the clan?"

"Thats has nothing to do with this,"

"It has everything, fighting the Scotts is no different from fighting dragons," Hiccup tells him. Merida was nudged in the head by Toothless causing her to smile softly, "Dad, your wrong about the Scotts just like you were about dragons."

"Hic-" The chief started.

"No listen to me!" He says, "Berk has been fighting with Scotland so long you don't see them as people, there no different from us, there simple fighting back, defending themselves,  can't we just sign a treaty or something?"

"Son it not that simple,"

Merida tuned out the rest of the conversation and looked over to meet Elsas eyes. She nodded her head to the side as in screaming for her to run. Everything in her wanted to help the bleeding Hiccup but she knew she couldn't.

She quickly sat up looking to see if anyone was watching her. Just before she darted Astrid looked at her. She opened her mouth alerting the others of the redhead Scott that was already running towards Raven Point.

In the moment of running everything hit her at onces, Hiccup had saved her. Whether it was because he had feelings for her or he just didn't want to see someone die, Merida had no idea. What also hit her was black night fury just as she had made it through the tree line.

It pen her to the ground, she looked at Toothless. Of course the two hadn't gotten off to a great start. But Merida nearly cried at the fact the dragon hated her enough to kill her. She could hear the vikings getting closers along with other dragons.