Step Nineteen: You Tell Her You Love Her

Step Nineteen:You Tell Her You Love Her

In small moments like theses a person can find it hard to breath. Everything was still for only second until vikings launched at the Scott. Out of instinct she aimed her bow pointing it directly at the forehead of a viking not much older than her.

Her father had taught her to shoot at threats, but were they really? In there eyes she was a threat. Not much of one but a threat none the less. Slowly she stepped back giving more of a distance between her and the vikings.

Slowly she lowered her bow again, looked back and Hiccup being cautious of her surroundings. Letting out a breath she let out secrets that none of the vikings had known, "The wisps led me ta ye," she says, "and ayed know why they did why we found each other."

Everything was quiet again Hiccup nodded softly. Merida let out another breath a bit more shaky. She closed her eyes only for a second before opening them.

"Ay think it was to end this," She says. Slowly she took a breath speaking the story that had taught her many lessons. Ones she knew would probably fly over most of there heads. "Once there was an ancient kingdom. It's name long forgotten,

ruled by a wise and fair king who was much beloved. And when he grew old he divided the kingdom among his four sons.

That they should be the pillars on which their piece of land rested. But the oldest prince wanted to rule the land for himself, he followed his own path and the kingdom fell, from war and chaos and ruin."

Merida shakily finished the vikings didn't see phased by any of it. Stoick picked up a sword, "Thats a nices story," he said. It was sarcam obviously he didn't care about some stupid story like Merida had once not.

As he got closer Merida raised her bow again, "It's not just a story. Legends are lessons and they ring with truths," she says, backing farther away, "Don't ye see? In the end we both lose, we must stop the war or they'll be nothin left! We can stop it all there has ta be a way."

This caused the chief to pause. Merida slowly lowed her bow setting down her weapons than holding up her hands in surrender. Hiccup eyes widen what was she doing? Panicked and still in shock, he started making his way towards her and his father.

Merida spoke slowly, "I'm not gonna fight ye, aye surrender, if ye believe that after I'm done speaking that it won't work, ye can do whatever ye want, all ay ask is ye listen for just a second."

"Merida!" Hiccup called his heart pound. He couldn't let her do this, he couldn't lose her.

Just as she looked at him with her blue eyes. Oh how she loved him. "Everything will be okay," she says sounding like something Punz would say at this time. This brought tears to her eyes, she'd might never see her friend again, or anyone she loved again.

In the next few moments she could be dead, along with the chances of the end of this war. Hiccup knew this too. Which made him sick to his stomach. Toothless nudged his side trying to provide comfort. Hiccup gave him a soft smile.

"Equal ruling," Merida spoke.

This caused the vikings to laugh, "Easier said than done," Stoick said he raised a sword, Merida's hands shook slightly in fear but she clinched them into fist and stood strong.

"No!" Hiccup shouted but nobody even glanced his way.

"We 'ave ta try!" Merida says her voices rang in everyones ears, "Listen, ay just want ta do whats right 'ere, aye want ta protect those aye love and yer son is one of them!"

Stoick frozes as did everyone. Merida put her hands togther bowing her head slightly than turned to Hiccup who stood stiff. She had said she loved him again, and this time Hiccup didn't run away instead he took a step forward.